Ocean County Motorola Trunking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

anowal01

Have not heard anything on this system in a number of weeks...possibly even a couple of months. Did they change systems?

DJ88

It must be something wrong on your end. They're still using the Motorola system and I receive them with no problems here in Brick.

anowal01

Thanks for the reply. I am located just over the border in Northern Atlantic County and have had no problem up until sometime in the past couple of months. I took the scanner into Ocean County with me a few times (I plow snow in Brick and there was plenty there this year :) ) and sometime over the winter stopped hearing the trunked system.

I have a Pro-197.

Type: Motorola VHF/UHF
The 11 frequencies in the database are in the system.
Fleet Map: Type II
T Tables: Custom
Table 1 -
Base - 505.0000
Offset - 380
Step - 12.5
Lo Chan - 380
Hi Chan - 759

Any suggested changes would be appreciated. TIA!

anowal01

I've been trying a couple of the broadcastify feeds over the weekend that list Ocean County trunked system fire/ems talkgroups and haven't heard anything on those talkgroups. So I'm thinking it's not just my scanner, seems to be a change to where/how they are broadcasting, maybe a tower is down? But I hear the VHF/UHF non-trunked just fine. Also when I try the individual frequencies I do pickup the noise I expect to hear so I don't think it's the tower issue...

elias1988

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

I'm picking up both fire and EMS fine here on my BCD536HP

crazyboy

There definitely has not been any changes to the system that would effect your ability to listen.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Salvation

I have no issues picking them up but I live about 250 yards from their Tuckerton tower.. Has anyone heard any updates on the 700mhz system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elias1988

Feed Provider
Has anyone heard any updates on the 700mhz system?

Still no control channel on the air yet,below is the updated project schedule from the county budget:

2014 - Design, Permitting and Construction of four Remote Towers, Phase 2
2015 - Purchase/Installation Microwave Equipment for four Remote Towers, Phase 3
2016 - Purchase higher and lower tier mobile/portable subscriber units, Phase 4
2017 - 700mhz Overlay P25 TDMA Infrastructure at eleven Remote Tower sites, Phase 5

anowal01

Thanks to those indicating they are receiving the system. I am about 5 miles from the Tuckerton Repeater tower and had good signal on my PRO-197 using an ST-3 antenna mounted about 6' off the ground. I have had good reception for a number of years with reception lost sometime in the past couple of months.

I did some troubleshooting and when on the TSYS screen, I do got get any bars for signal strength for do I get the "T" indicating it is receiving the control channel for the 500 MHz Motorola system. I tried checking connections. I have tried moving the scanner, I have tried raising the antenna to about 15' of elevation. I tried a new ST-2 antenna with new coax (at both 6' and 15' of elevation). I tried an FM Trap. I believe I am having some issues with other longer range reception as well on VHF in particular that I notice I no longer receive.

I can still receive the Atlantic County and NJ State Police trunking systems, but the their closest repeaters are about 1 mile away.

At this point, I am out of ideas on why I have lost so much reception capability. Any other ideas on how to troubleshoot?

anowal01

FIXED

Y'all could've just told me to turn off Global Attenuation instead of letting me waste your time and talents for 2 weeks. Thanks again to those that replied.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.