Ocean County p25 TRS questions programming Uniden BCD325P2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I use Proscan and the RR data base to program my BCD325P2 and for the most part ever system I put in works well. But the Ocean County 700 P25 TRS just doesn't work. I'm in Toms River so I should have no problem receiving they system. With the stock program loaded I don't even show a control channel signal. I started playing around with settings and I changed the format setting from Decimal to HEX and the CC signal showed but I didn't pick up anything. I changed my ID scan/search from scan to search and I pick up TG's but it stopped for a few seconds made a noise and it started scanning. I noticed that the TG's on the search was different from the ones in radio. I changed them all to the matching HEX TG numbers and I still get the CC signal but it's not stopping on any TG's. Is there much action on this system? Do they simulcast the OC UHF system on it? If they do, I'm getting the UHS TRS on another radio but nothing over the 325. As I was typing this out it answered my question, they do simulcast, but the P25 TRS barely came in and the UHS TRS on the other radio was loud, clear and had the full messages and both sides of the conversation. (I'm back in ID search, it doe's ID the tag info I put in) Just trying to figure this out. Thanks

elias1988

Feed Provider
700 MHz is very much active especially with public safety starting to migrate over,sounds like you’re suffering from LSM simulcast distortion. I have no problem getting the system on my Unication G5 and SDS200s

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
700 MHz is very much active especially with public safety starting to migrate over,sounds like you’re suffering from LSM simulcast distortion. I have no problem getting the system on my Unication G5 and SDS200s
Thats what I was afraid of, I had the same problem with a Whistler TRX-1 and 2. I have the same with NJ IC-S and the Monmouth County p-25 TRS in the Snug Harbor area.

I get the NJ IC-S fine when I'm up north.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Just a thought, I live within 4 mile as the crow flies from the OC comms center. I'm guessing there is a simulcast transmitter on one of the towers there. I'm guessing that is the closest transmitter site to me, I wonder if I put a small antenna on the radio if I will pick up just that receiver and not the others?? Or if I go to the area of the tower it should over power all other sites. Any thought? I will be getting an SDS-100 at some point.

elias1988

Feed Provider
I would give it a try,I’m using this base antenna on my Pro-106 with the attenuator turned on to get a strong enough signal to run Pro96Com.CF976A82-5220-4C04-B80C-2A5ABAD9F439.jpeg

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I would give it a try,I’m using this base antenna on my Pro-106 with the attenuator turned on to get a strong enough signal to run Pro96Com.View attachment 91366
I saw a video where a guy was using a little home yagi to get the signal from the closest tower. I'll have to play around. I was in north west section of Brick before getting the OC 700 TRS loud and clear. I'll have to keep trying. Thanks

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
So for what it's worth, I used to live in Toms River near TRHS East and could NOT pick up the Ocean County 700 system nor NJ ICS 700 with any stock antennas. I had an antenna on the roof, and still needed a booster and the SDS 100 to just pick up that system alone. Now I moved over by Cedar Grove Elementary and I can get almost everything with stock antennas.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I've tried everything with the 325 P2 and 996P2, sometimes I get it, but most of the time get nothing, one spot in my kitchen the 325 on it side facing the TR tower I can get some comms.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I've tried everything with the 325 P2 and 996P2, sometimes I get it, but most of the time get nothing, one spot in my kitchen the 325 on it side facing the TR tower I can get some comms.
I had a similar situation with someone on a 996P2 monitoring a similar system to Ocean Co 700. Make sure the unit is near a window (but not right up against the window) and a good 10 ft away from TVs, computer monitors, wifi routers, and similar electronic devices which put out all kinds of RF crap. If you're still having issues let me know. I'm based out of Eastern Camden County but I program scanners and regularly monitor Ocean County 700 from my location.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I had a similar situation with someone on a 996P2 monitoring a similar system to Ocean Co 700. Make sure the unit is near a window (but not right up against the window) and a good 10 ft away from TVs, computer monitors, wifi routers, and similar electronic devices which put out all kinds of RF crap. If you're still having issues let me know. I'm based out of Eastern Camden County but I program scanners and regularly monitor Ocean County 700 from my location.
I sent you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.