Ocean County: Stafford

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
At , US > New Jersey > Ocean (County) [New York City] , under Municipalities > Stafford, there is:

151.61000 M023 DPLStaffrd SecurityMaint & Security (VHF)FMSecurity

but this is not a valid channel in the US (it is not licensed to anyone, anywhere, in either ULS or the unclassified NTIA list). Can someone familiar with the area comment/research?

K2NEC

I'm not familiar with the area but I can say that the unfortunate reality is that not everyone does things the right way. Meaning that not everyone is properly licensed to be operating on the frequency that they are. If the FCC gets ahold they can be looking at some hefty fines.

Not saying that's the case with Stafford security but I've seen it happen before.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with the area but I can say that the unfortunate reality is that not everyone does things the right way. Meaning that not everyone is properly licensed to be operating on the frequency that they are. If the FCC gets ahold they can be looking at some hefty fines.

Not saying that's the case with Stafford security but I've seen it happen before.
Right. Thus my request for someone with local knowledge/access to confirm the truth.

fineshot1

On the contrary 151.610 is a valid channel boundary and so is 151.6025 just below and 151.625 just above
all of which are in the business band part of the lower portion of the VHF band.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
On the contrary 151.610 is a valid channel boundary and so is 151.6025 just below and 151.625 just above
all of which are in the business band part of the lower portion of the VHF band.
Yes, 151.6025 and 151.6250 are valid, but according to the "Industrial/Business Pool Frequency Table" at 47 CFR 90.35(b)(3), 151.610 is not a valid channel, nor is it licensed to anyone, anywhere in the US, according to FCC's ULS and the unclassified NTIA list.

Note that 151.6175 and 151.6325 are invalid, too, as well as a number of other channels in the pattern. Highband has all sorts of special cases (which is why I'm researching it).

fineshot1

You must be a newbie - that document you are referencing was from 1992 and after that some specific portions
of the VHF hi band were changed to 7.5Khz channel stepping and I was around when that happened and remember
it very well. My Hollins Radio Data CD(circa 1996) reflects that change and the above doc you referenced does not.
So if you do the math 151.6025 + 7.5Khz = 151.610 or 151.6175 - 7.5Khz = 151.610

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
@fineshot1: Not a newbie. AFAIK, "that document" is the governing law, (Code of Federal Regulations, title 47, section 90.35(b)(3)) and up to date, as amended at 62 FR 18874 (Federal Register, vol. 62, no. 74, April 17, 1997, p. 18874 (relevant part at p. 18881)). You'll note that it does include the 7.5 kHz channels. I've provided links to the USPTO-run site, just in case Cornell LII (a widely-used reference) was out of date for some reason. That aside, if it were a valid channel, why is it that nobody is licensed to use it?

fineshot1

I certainly can not answer your question above Mr Spock but you may want to slow down and remember that the FCC is not the only governing body that allocates frequencies and that the NTIA does not and is not required to publish any of its allocated frequencies so not every frequency allocation is published. There are some frequency allocations you and I may not ever know about due to that. Years ago i got curious about one such frequency and was home sick all day with the scanner listening on one of them and most of the day heard nothing and got lucky and caught some occasional data bursts on it that I later learned were fax bursts from an orbiting satellite way above.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Meanwhile, I brought it to the local board for a reason: "Can someone familiar with the area [meaning Stafford] comment/research?"

Status
Not open for further replies.