Ocean County TRS issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvation

I have noticed lately that ocean county has had issues with portables not being readable especially on the south end of the county. They have been putting FD's on their backup channels a lot. Anyone know what's going on? I have noticed a lot of scratchy transmissions on Zone 2 Fire and EMS 1 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salvation

It was very bad this morning. Anything they can do about it or just wait till the 700mhz system comes online? It seems like this issue has only been prevalent the past month or so. They always used to be able to operate on "Fire Zone 2" on the TRS with no issues. Even OCPS-12 ( backup channel ) is all scratchy..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elias1988

Feed Provider
As far as I know there's no way to fix it other than switching to another band like they are doing with 700 MHz,let's just hope the progress is remaining on track,funding from the county budget was approved to construct new (4?) towers. I've experienced the interference first hand with no access to the OCPS channels was very annoying!

Analogrules

Does Ocean County still use 506.6375 (interop PD) and 508.1875 (FD dispatch alert)?

DJ88

Yes. They use both. The interop channel in analog is used for MOCIB broadcast messages. That's the only thing I ever hear on it. The same frequency is used in P25 digital by the Probation Department.

Status
Not open for further replies.