Ocean & Middlesex Counites on RR Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanM

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I'm new to this forum, although I've owned several scanners going back to the 80s. My current scanner is the HP-1. My question has to do with the way that the RR database is arranged for Middlesex and Ocean Counties.

The HP-1 displays those counties each as a system. But some of their municipalities (Lakewood & Manchester in Ocean; Edison, Woodbridge, and East Brunswick in Middlesex) are also identified as individual systems.

Does anyone here know why the database is arranged this way? There must be a technical reason that I'm not aware of.

TY
JM

Devilz311

In the case of Lakewood and Manchester, they operate on their own trunked radio systems, separate from Ocean County's. I believe Jackson is encrypted.

DJ88

To correct a minor error - Lakewood is on conventional repeaters and NOT on a trunked system.

Therefore, it shouldn't be a separate system. Maybe a database admin can make the correction. And with regards to Jackson Twp., only the police talk groups are encrypted.

SCPD

QRT
Checking Lakewood, indeed they are on a conventional repeaters using P25 in the clear. On their PD Ch 4 they can use analog with PL to interface with OEM. This freq was listed as a mix mode ch. However I separated it one for analog and one for P25 digital.

As for Jackson Twp. Just added a text note for the Police Talkgroup indicating communications are encrypted.

OK:D?

JuanM

Premium Subscriber
So it is the trunked sytems in those municipalities that requires the DB to list them individually.

Not too many in Ocean Co., but quite a few in Middlesex.

Devilz311

Therefore, it shouldn't be a separate system. Maybe a database admin can make the correction. And with regards to Jackson Twp., only the police talk groups are encrypted.

To correct a minor error - Lakewood is on conventional repeaters and NOT on a trunked system.

Checking Lakewood, indeed they are on a conventional repeaters using P25 in the clear. On their PD Ch 4 they can use analog with PL to interface with OEM. This freq was listed as a mix mode ch. However I separated it one for analog and one for P25 digital.

As for Jackson Twp. Just added a text note for the Police Talkgroup indicating communications are encrypted.

OK:D?

Sorry, in my original post for some reason I meant Jackson but typed Lakewood...

DJ88

A little off topic here, but rather than start a new thread......someone submitted 155.400 PL 156.7 as County EMS 5 to the Ocean County Database. This is not valid. At one time, Community Medical Center, Toms River had their own paramedic unit and that was the frequency/PL they used. That medic unit was absorbed by MONOC, and Ocean County absorbed the frequency.

The correct listing for County EMS 5 (which is in the database) is 155.400 DPL 331, Simulcast of County TRS EMS Ops Talk Group.

I will submit the correction to the database.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.