Oceanport PD Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

Can anyone, who actually monitors Oceanport PD, give me their correct frequency ?

There has been a lot of conflicting information on "the other popular scanning site" as to the actual "output" frequency in the system.

The two frequencies are 156.0375, which rounds off to 156.400 on my scanner, and 159.2175, which rounds off to 159.220 on some scanners.
Some say one is input and the other is output, others say the opposite. It's really confusing.

I can't monitor them, (too far away), however I try to keep my scanner frequency lists up to date. Hope someone can clear this up for me.

Thanks in advance...I will not reply but will check back here.

ka2mek

Hi Ken
Monitor 159.220 with DPL-223
that is what I do comes in clear!
code five
Rob

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
correct info

oppd
recieve:159.2175 dpl 223
Transmit:156.0275 dpl223
they also use simplex
FOR RACETRACK THEY ARE ALSO USING FD/EMS LOCAL

ka2mek

Re: correct info

JMR3865 said:
they also use simplex
Whats the simplex frequency?
Whats the Racetracks name?whats the FD/EMS local frequency?
Rob

ka2mek

ka2mek said:
JMR3865 said:
they also use simplex
Whats the simplex frequency?
Whats the Racetracks name?whats the FD/EMS local frequency?

WAIT wait WAIT !
Ah! I see it appearing in my crystal ball! :lol: :wink:
Rob

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber

JMR3865 said:
oppd
they also use simplex
Lets try this again, I posted this before I learned from the Long Island Area Resources website, Now I have learned!
Oceanport, New Jersey Police Department Correct information
The Recieve frequency is 159.2175 megahertz with a Digital Private Line number of 223. This is the Repeater output
The Transmit Frequency is 156.0375 megahertz with a Digital Private Line Number of 223. This is the Repeater input.
When they go simplex the frequency is 156.0375 megahertz with a digital private line number of 223 hertz
When they do traffic for the Monmouth Park Race Track in Oceanport (port au peck, Oceanport Ave, and New Jersey state Highway 36) Some officers are on Oceanport Fire Department, Oceanport Emergency Medical Services, Oceanport Fire Police and Oceanport Department of Public Works frequency which is 158.7750 megahertz with a Private line number of 151.4 hertz. I am sorry for the mix up.

ka2mek

JMR3865 said:
JMR3865 said:
oppd
they also use simplex
Lets try this again, I posted this before I learned from the Long Island Area Resources, Now I have learned!
Oceanport, New Jersey Police Department Correct information
The Recieve frequency is 159.2175 megahertz with a Digital Private Line number of 223 hertz This is the Repeater output
The Transmit Frequency is 156.0375 megahertz with a Digital Private Line Number of 223 hertz. This is the Repeater input.
When they go simplex the frequency is 156.0375 megahertz with a digital private line number of 223 hertz
When they do traffic for the Monmouth Park Race Track in Oceanport (port au peck, Oceanport Ave, and New Jersey state Highway 36) Some officers are on Oceanport Fire Department, Oceanport Emergency Medical Services, Oceanport Fire Police and Oceanport Department of Public Works frequency which is 158.7750 megahertz with a Private line number of 151.4 hertz. I am sorry for the mix up.
Thanks for making that perfectly clear :idea: there
RADIOMAN :shock:
is that supossed to be some sort of new super hero like
BATMAN :roll: :?:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

73 !
Robert-KA2MEK

Tech792

Just to correct the above:
"hertz" doesn't apply to DPL. Its not a tone. Its digital.
151.4 Hz is a sub-audiable tone...it does apply here

ka2mek

Tech792 said:
Just to correct the above:
"hertz" doesn't apply to DPL. Its not a tone. Its digital.
151.4 Hz is a sub-audiable tone...it does apply here

That is correct Pete...
Long ago and not so far away, Motorola came up with a way to get more than one Land Mobile customer on the same frequency at almost the same time. They figured that different customers could coexist on the same frequency if they did not have to listen to each other routinely. They invented Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System or CTCSS for short and patented it as "PL" short for "Private line". Other manufacturers, finding that the system was absolutely necessary to stay competitive came up with "Channel Guard," "Quiet Channel," "Call Guard," and many other names for the same thing to avoid lawsuits for marketing a patented system. DCS (Digital Coded Squelch) is digital data or code word that is transmitted with the voice audio. This data is sub-audible with most of it's energy below 300Hz. However it does have a wide bandwidth from 2 to 300 Hz. Unlike CTCSS (Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System) which uses continuous tones below 300 Hz., DCS uses digital data or code words. Each code word is unique and all code words may be used on the same channel without interference. At the end of the radio transmission and about a half a second before the transmitter un-keys, the radio will encode a 134 Hz tone that serves as a turn off code. The FM deviation level of DCS data should be in the range of 500 to 800 Hz.
Unlike CTCSS, DCS signal spectrum occupies considerable more bandwidth. A poor low frequency response in the transmitter or receiver may not seriously distort a single frequency tone signal but may seriously degrade a wide band signal containing multiple frequency components. The distortion risk is especially high if the frequency response delays the wide band frequency components.
DCS is operated at a low baud rate (134.4 bits per second) and because DCS may have extended periods of all ones and zeros almost all components in the transmitter and receiver chain must be coupled down to at lease 2 Hz or lower. This requirement means that certain transmitters and receivers must be modified before they are capable of DCS operation. Phase modulators, in particular, need special consideration because they theoretically are incapable of being directly modulated by dc, unlike direct FM modulation methods. Low frequency response is the primary requirement for DCS systems.
You will fined that it is extremely important for the receiver and transmitter to be on frequency to achieve maximum performance of the DCS function. Errors in the transmitter and receiver frequencies show up a the discriminator output as a step function. Because of the long time constant required for the low frequency response, a step function can block the decoder momentarily. With DCS, error correction is necessary. But if too many errors occur, you may experience some blocking out of the decoder. Errors can occur because of unwanted low frequency energy. The DCS decoders can be effected by voice energy that falls below 300 Hz. Some radios do not remove this energy before transmission and can cause voice blocking of the decoder. A sub audio filter that removes this low frequency energy before the audio is re-transmitted is necessary for reliable DCS operation.

73!
Robert-KA2MEK
Wait!!! Wait!!!
I belive ...YES I see RADIOMAN flying overhead (waving up at him) :wink:
:lol:
73! & QRT

Status
Not open for further replies.