Oceanport switching to county

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Couldn't find the other thread, but...
As of Wednesday, The switch over is tentatively scheduled for August 15th, however, no formal agreement has been signed yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets postponed.

I still couldn't get an answer on what system the PD will be using, ie, OPD frequency, a shared frequency with a surrounding town (highly doubtful), County Car or the new trunked system. EMS will be on EMS 1.

squad1321

I see the database has been updated, showing PD on 700 MHz and Fire/EMS on Fire 1. I haven't been monitoring...is this now live? Is EMS dispatched on Fire 1, not EMS 1?

What's W. Long Branch doing...staying on their local?

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
yea, west long branch is staying on their respective frequencies... for now, until they switch to County within the next 18-24 months. Does anybody know about the 700 mhz trunked system, what type of scanner is needed to hear it (if any). I havn't used a scanner in probably close to 10 years (only used a radio), so I will have to learn them again.

DJ88

Does anybody know about the 700 mhz trunked system, what type of scanner is needed to hear it (if any). I havn't used a scanner in probably close to 10 years (only used a radio), so I will have to learn them again.

All law enforcement is encrypted so don't bother wasting your money on an expensive scanner.

I posted on the fourth

Oceanport pd will operate on north patrol 6 as of today.
Oceanport ems will be dispatched on fire 1 but utilize ems 1 for all other radio traffic also as of today.

Since I am no longer in the comm center itself, I haven't asked anyone how it's working out so far!!

Status
Not open for further replies.