Oceanside (California) Police & Fire Have VANISHED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustPappy

I have 2 old school NICE scanners plus a Home Patrol 2 that always worked PERFECTLY! It still scans and still stops & broadcasts a few of my old favorites but NO Police or Fire ANYWHERE in my area Zip code 92057. Ironically I do now get CHP which I used to always have trouble getting so just WEIRD! I also found the same issue, exact same problem with NOTHING coming out of my trusty old BCD396T as well?

Now I admit it has possibly been close to a year since I even turned it on so unsure WHAT has happened? Reason is that it was packed away when we had mandatory Fire evacuations over & over & over and to be honest I just gave up making any serious effort digging through all our stuff that is STILL packed since we have zero faith it won't happen again this Summer.

So my question is, does ANYONE know why I hear NONE of my local Police & Fire? I used to actually dispatch for OPD back in 1980 (yeah I'm an OLD fart 70 yrs old and lost without my hobby. ANY ideas would mean the World to me as I just completed 6 major surgeries and will spend what time I have left in this life in BED or a custom recliner till I am toast...

**** Update-I just realized I have never done ANY sort of update to my HP2 so today I downloaded the latest Sentinel Program and to my shock it says my OLD original Firmware is still up to date! Here is what my scanner shows AFTER trying to update the firmware and after doing full update on the software.
-Main Firmware Ver: 1.05
-Sub Firmware Ver: 1.2
-Database Version: 08/04/2019
-Help Version: 07/14.2014?

THANK you for ANY sort of help or guidance-Mike Cartwright in Oceanside California

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
Ok, OPD is on the RCS , Fire is now dispatched by Northcomm. The RCS has been re-banded so make sure all of your radios have been programmed with the new re-banded sites.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
**** Update-I just realized I have never done ANY sort of update to my HP2 so today I downloaded the latest Sentinel Program and to my shock it says my OLD original Firmware is still up to date! Here is what my scanner shows AFTER trying to update the firmware and after doing full update on the software.
-Main Firmware Ver: 1.05
-Sub Firmware Ver: 1.2
-Database Version: 08/04/2019
-Help Version: 07/14.2014?

THANK you for ANY sort of help or guidance-Mike Cartwright in Oceanside California

Those are the correct, up to date versions of the Main and Sub firmware.

JustPappy

Ok, OPD is on the RCS , Fire is now dispatched by Northcomm. The RCS has been re-banded so make sure all of your radios have been programmed with the new re-banded sites.
Thank you-All I did was use the software from latest Sentinel Program judy today. Would this not be the correct (and BEST) place for me to get this updated info to upload to the HP2? I REALLY appreciate the help! I can't remember for sure but I could swear my old system was already RSC way back 2 years ago but been too sick to be at all sure darn it...

cmdrwill

I would hope that you rebanded and reprogrammed scanner will make your recovery a happy time.

JustPappy

THANK you so much. Sadly I will not "recover"...But in the time that remains I SO just at least hoped to at least feel at least still partially attached to the life that was mine. But after all I did, nothing. Correction, NOT "nothing, but NO Police & fire which is paramount in the fire zone from Hell I live in. I find it odd to get so many things including Provost Marshall on the USMC base and Highway Patrol etc but not where I live and once worked. I think I might have become Jinxed:-( What makes it SO impossible is the medications I will be on, well, forever so to speak. Never was a boozer or drug nut so it's like I've been disconnected from ME somehow.
Oh well, will keep trying but boy, I am just becoming more lost.

JustPappy

OK it is FIXED!

Long story short is once I basically formatted the entire show then reinstalled it all over again then found that somehow by default that EVERY single freq within the SD County (Imperial) was LOCKED OUT

Now this was the way it was from my download so I had to "unlock-UNBLOCK the entire deal. Then I wrote OVER but only after I also had deleted any and all of my "groups" first.

So now a lot of work awaits to clean out and lock out all I do not want etc but then I am back and it is all I care about:). I just can't say how much it means to me to at least have THIS much left in my old life:)

THANK you for everyone's help,
Mike :):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.