OCFD dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
So I used to live here at one time and enjoyed listening to the OCFD. At the time (96-99), stations were toned out via DTMF on 155.0550 (DTMF was the station number followed by a # sign, later 2 #s, i.e. "11##" for Station 11). Voice was all on 453.xxxx with some channels being set up to cover certain rural areas (similar to the "outer ring" with the EDACS system).

Anyway, now that I have the EDACS in as "wide" and can actually hear stuff :roll: I seem to be hearing different things on the dispatch channel (04-022 / "FD ALERTS"). One time it will be "bee boop bop bee boop" but other times it will sound like a two-tone pager-type tone. What's up with that?

Also, I seem to hear analog on the "FD OPS" TG (04-021). Only the HQ side, never the mobiles. What's up with *that*?

Peter

mam1081

Feed Provider
HQ is in analog on that channel, but all the mobiles and HTs are ProVoice. Station paging is done by I-call. The boop-beep-boop is only an audio alarm I think. Nothing special there.

You can still see what station is dispatched. See these posts:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showpost.php?p=222263&postcount=64
List of stations:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showpost.php?p=224360&postcount=73

Page that these are from:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28053&page=4

Hope that helps.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Roger that

mam1081 said:
HQ is in analog on that channel, but all the mobiles and HTs are ProVoice. Station paging is done by I-call. The boop-beep-boop is only an audio alarm I think. Nothing special there.

Hope that helps.

It does - thanks. I, too, have a list of stations from Back In The Day and it even has the current apparatus roster ... circa 1998. :wink:

See http://plaws.net/fire/ocfd.shtml for the list

I have my 396 set for I-Calls, but have none programmed in - I'll have to give that a try!

Thanks again.

mam1081

Feed Provider
Gotcha. I didn't notice a station 51, and all the other equipment seems to be labeled by where it is located. You think that Engine 51 will goto the new Bricktown station when it opens up? It seems like I heard something about another station shutting down to move into that one, but I might be making things up on that.

KK5FM

They are supposed to be closing the station over by the red cross building, (I think that is 8's,) and moving it to Bricktown. However, I think they wound up buying land -near- bricktown, which could also be a description for the current location of that station. -sigh-

freqscout

PR PR PR PR PR
Everyone wants to be seen in Bricktown. Of course it is one of the most financially active districts in town so who could blame them.

KK5FM

I still think for optimum ambience they should replace the engine with a horse-drawn fire wagon from the late 1800's. Oh, and the firemen should wear those really high-peaked helmets from the era and the ride-out major should have a speaking trumpet. Oh, yeah, and a dalmation.

Firecop203

plaws said:
It does - thanks. I, too, have a list of stations from Back In The Day and it even has the current apparatus roster ... circa 1998. :wink:

See http://plaws.net/fire/ocfd.shtml for the list

I have my 396 set for I-Calls, but have none programmed in - I'll have to give that a try!

Thanks again.

There have been several changes to that since then. We no longer have squads, Most of the Tankpumpers have been replaced by Engines.

To answer the question about Engine 51, they run out of Station 1. Whevenver you have more than one of the same type apparatus at the same station, "50" is added to the number. I have no idea who came up with that idea. Chemical Unit 4 was also assigned to station 1, but it was taken out of service about a year ago and it is no longer used.

The station by the red cross bldg. Do you mean Lincoln Blvd? Thats station 6. Station 8 is down by the stockyards on Exchange Ave.

KK5FM

Firecop203 said:
The station by the red cross bldg. Do you mean Lincoln Blvd? Thats station 6. Station 8 is down by the stockyards on Exchange Ave.
Station six is the one they are closing and moving, right?

Firecop203

Station 6 is supposed to be moving to the Bricktown area somewhere and Station 4 is supposed to be closing and moving NE somewhere. (Of course this can all change in a matter of minutes).

Status
Not open for further replies.