OCFD Radio IDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsh1885

Has there been a change in the way OCFD Unit IDS are numbered, in the past scanners I had they were numbered 5230--- or 5300--- I now have a Unication pager and the numbers come up totally different 5010--- or 5031---. Just curious I guess.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
being they are region 5, they may have, but I am not a unication user but I have seen the 523x numbers when I am in Orlando.

(Kenwood NX-5900 mobile)

wsmoore

Database Admin
The State has everybody use the numbers that start with the RSDTF Number. So here in RSDTF 3 Area they use id's in the 3000000- 3999999. Down there in RSDTF-5 area they will use 5000000-5999999. Agencies are just now switching so you will see some new id's and some old still.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I am curious who the AHJ is mandating this. In the backwoods state above Florida, we just do it the "way we've always done it". My system was originally designated as "Zone 5" of some grand plan by (vendor name here) but never happened, we came up with our own designations based on our fleet mapping, but no one at the state level dictates ID management, that's what prompted my question.

wsmoore

Database Admin
I'm not sure who sets it up, but the Cities and Counties get memos from Divtel in Tallahassee and the jump on board. I know each Of the 7 RSDTF have a say in their Region but it must be agreed upon with Divtel and the Counties in meetings at some point I would think. I don't think the State uses the Heavy Hand Tactic.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Interesting, so the RDSTF acts as a regulatory or advisory to AHJs? Maybe one of my fellow radio managers will pop in here and confirm. Just curious, as the next RPC meeting here this would be a good topic to bring up, as our RIDs are "all over the place" and with many regional systems forming, it's always good practice to follow what others have done with success.

wsmoore

Database Admin
Agreed. I know RSDTF 3 is already wanting a Region Wide System with ISSI . They also want to link in to Region 2,4,and 5. It wouldn't surprise Me if the want to join all 7 ,but I haven't seen any documentation on that yet. I know Jacksonville is still years away from finishing their Radio Refresh so it maybe a slow drawn out process.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Copy.
What is a "Radio ID"? A Physical sticker on it? The name on the display when I turn it on? I will look at my P25 II interoperability radio on Sunday when I go into work.

wsmoore

Database Admin
It's an id programmed into the Radio from Software so the system can identify the user and allow access to the system. Here in Jacksonville they also engrave it into the radios plastic housing. Some places use stickers and I'm sure some other places just use the software to see it.radio_1559870606128_21948749_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.