OCNJ Frequencies...A bit of confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
I've started a few OCNJ threads a while back (I don't mean to come off as annoying for keep bring the subject back up) but I was doing some research and have a few questions. I know that:

154.445 - Fire and EMS Dispatch & Response
153.845 - Fire Operations (Listed as Base/Mobile, unsure if that is correct.)
151.115 - OCNJ Beach Batrol
460.350 - OCPD (PD on Atlantic County's Provoice/un-monitorable. Unknown if still in use for anything.)

BUT...
I go into the Atlantic County DB and I see a list of Ocean City Talkgroups with what looks to be, correct info for an advanced scanner to handle Some digital, some analog. My main thing is, the other analog frequencies. Such as additional Fire/Beach Patrol. Are they VHF or 800Mhz Analog?

And on another similar note, I see a listing for Atlantic County P25 System. Any news on that?

Thanks to anyone for any answers/assistance!!! :)

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
If you monitor 154.445 you will hear most fd comms. Unsure about if they use a second channel for ops. I also know the beach patrol uses 151.115 dpl 664. As far as the EDACS system the PD uses that but no FD. The P25 system will go up and simulcast the EDACS system for a while so they can start getting all the radios retro'ed or replaced. Unknown what OC will do.

Monoxide16

wish i could listen to the shore towns but I'm all the way up in Burlington Co can sometimes get them late at night on cool nights seems like a lot more activity goes on sorry for messing up this thread is there away i could listen to them from all the way up here? Is there any good antenna that would pick them up from where I'm at? Thank you for any help can't stand to listen to the Burlington Co system so horrible to listen to lol

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
I know this Feed (Southern Atlantic and Cape May Counites Fire and EMS Live Audio Feed) Carries OCNJ and a lot of others. For a while, no one carried Ocean City on a feed. (A HUGE Thank You to whoever does the feed listed above!!) I live in Central PA and have a family shore house down in Ocean City. When I was younger, Dad would always bring a scanner from home! LOVED every minute of it! From Fire and EMS"Wide Awake, Wide Awake" to the yibber yabber on the Beach Patrol Frequency! Now, I bring more scanners than just one! So having a feed that does OCNJ is awesome for me!!! :)

Monoxide16

i wish the wildwoods Pd's were on a feed i don't see any of them anywhere wish it could be Wildwood district 3 and Northwildwood and Wildwood crest i just don't know how to do all of that stuff lol

saber2k5

The FD & EMS are on the 154.445 freq, and Life guards are on the 151.115 freq. Both operate narrow band, analog. There are NO plans to move FD, EMS, or Life guards to other freqs, even after the P25 upgrade for the PD.
The 153.845 is a mobile only/simplex frequency used for fireground ops. It is only used for working fires/all hands jobs. The request usu comes from the Deputy to move all comms to the fireground channel.
The 460.350 is not used by the PD. They are exclusively Pro Voice on the EDACS system.
There are some city agencies, including municpal services, beach fee/tags, parking that are analog on the EDACS system.
When the P25 upgrade occurs, all PD talk groups will be ENC.

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
The FD & EMS are on the 154.445 freq, and Life guards are on the 151.115 freq. Both operate narrow band, analog. There are NO plans to move FD, EMS, or Life guards to other freqs, even after the P25 upgrade for the PD.
The 153.845 is a mobile only/simplex frequency used for fireground ops. It is only used for working fires/all hands jobs. The request usu comes from the Deputy to move all comms to the fireground channel.
The 460.350 is not used by the PD. They are exclusively Pro Voice on the EDACS system.
There are some city agencies, including municpal services, beach fee/tags, parking that are analog on the EDACS system.
When the P25 upgrade occurs, all PD talk groups will be ENC.

By ENC, you mean the dreaded word Encryption?

Status
Not open for further replies.