OCPD dispatach to Air One ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
I often hear dispatch call Air One with no response from Air One. Clearly, they must be responding in some fashion, does anyone know how? VHF?

I have spend zero time in trying to figure this one out, as it does not happen often enough to really run it down but when it does it is annoying.

:p

oSutrooper

I often hear dispatch call Air One with no response from Air One. Clearly, they must be responding in some fashion, does anyone know how? VHF?

I have spend zero time in trying to figure this one out, as it does not happen often enough to really run it down but when it does it is annoying.

:p

When a unit ask for air 1 since we never know what air they are listening to we ask for them on all airs. It happens at least 3 times a shift.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
When a unit ask for air 1 since we never know what air they are listening to we ask for them on all airs. It happens at least 3 times a shift.
Thanks for the reply, but I am still confused!!

:D

So what you are saying is, when one of the dispatchers is trying to track down Air One, all dispatchers will call for Air One to find them? If so, what happens next? Does Air One talk to the unit via the dispatch TG, or do they go off somewhere else? Does Air One have a ProVoice radio or are they using VHF and being patched in some strange fashion?

KX5MOT

When we called air one down to southern Cleveland County to assist us last week, an officer drove an OCPD cruiser down to meet our deputies so they had a way to talk to air one. When i talked to the Sgt on the phone he said they have been having problems with their radios and haven't been able to talk to any other agency for a while.

SABRE46

Air One has numerous different radios in it so they can talk to just about anyone, anytime. They have radios on at the hangar all the time so they have a pretty good idea of when they are going to be needed. That being said if another department such as County Sheriffs or some other department needs them, they are notified by phone to get airborne weather permitting.

Last edited:

oSutrooper

Thanks for the reply, but I am still confused!!

:D

So what you are saying is, when one of the dispatchers is trying to track down Air One, all dispatchers will call for Air One to find them? If so, what happens next? Does Air One talk to the unit via the dispatch TG, or do they go off somewhere else? Does Air One have a ProVoice radio or are they using VHF and being patched in some strange fashion?

Let me see if this helps....

Lets say I'm on santa fe radio. Unit keys up or something happens where Air 1 is needed. I will key up ask for Air 1. No answer.... then I am going to send a message and ask all radios to try for air 1. Still no answer... The radio operator or the radio support postion we have will call Air 1 at the pad to see if they are there. We try to ask on the air first since we dont know sometimes if they are up or not. Air 1 has the same radio as the ones in the car as well as other radios (which I cant remember off the top of my head)

When we called air one down to southern Cleveland County to assist us last week, an officer drove an OCPD cruiser down to meet our deputies so they had a way to talk to air one. When i talked to the Sgt on the phone he said they have been having problems with their radios and haven't been able to talk to any other agency for a while.

This is true..... A few months ago Air 1 was helping Norman and Newcaslte and they would key up on their air and they couldnt hear them. I could hear them and ended up having air 1 on another channel and I talked to them from the comm center and relayed on their channel. Got to love these radios......

KX5MOT

This is true..... A few months ago Air 1 was helping Norman and Newcaslte and they would key up on their air and they couldnt hear them. I could hear them and ended up having air 1 on another channel and I talked to them from the comm center and relayed on their channel. Got to love these radios......

I heard that incident too, was quite amusing, I was listening to Newcastle's VHF frequency and the patch to Norman's Motorola system worked quite well, but OKC had to send an officer down with a Provoice radio. Thanks MACOM!

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
Let me see if this helps....

Lets say I'm on santa fe radio. Unit keys up or something happens where Air 1 is needed. I will key up ask for Air 1. No answer.... then I am going to send a message and ask all radios to try for air 1. Still no answer... The radio operator or the radio support postion we have will call Air 1 at the pad to see if they are there. We try to ask on the air first since we dont know sometimes if they are up or not. Air 1 has the same radio as the ones in the car as well as other radios (which I cant remember off the top of my head)
Cool, thanks for the rehash.

Does anyone have Air 1's radio ID for unitrunker?

oSutrooper

I heard that incident too, was quite amusing, I was listening to Newcastle's VHF frequency and the patch to Norman's Motorola system worked quite well, but OKC had to send an officer down with a Provoice radio. Thanks MACOM!

It was a mess. I was on santa fe radio and had A1 on bricktown and then was on newcastle air relaying info.... again Thanks MaCom

Status
Not open for further replies.