OCPD Dispatch 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toad99

Premium Subscriber
Anyone in OKC know what Dispatch 6 for the OCPD is for? Last night about 11:30 to 12:15 or so there were high speed chases, shots fired (heard on the radio), suspects down, AIR1 being shot at by suspects, active shooters at Louie's at Lake Hefner, etc. Everyone I heard was female, no actual dispatcher was heard, and AIR1 supposedly involved but not heard either. Nothing heard on any other talkgroup or agency. Some sort of training talkgroup? Never heard gunshots over the radio before.

BCFreak

Premium Subscriber
Anyone in OKC know what Dispatch 6 for the OCPD is for? Last night about 11:30 to 12:15 or so there were high speed chases, shots fired (heard on the radio), suspects down, AIR1 being shot at by suspects, active shooters at Louie's at Lake Hefner, etc. Everyone I heard was female, no actual dispatcher was heard, and AIR1 supposedly involved but not heard either. Nothing heard on any other talkgroup or agency. Some sort of training talkgroup? Never heard gunshots over the radio before.

They accidentally used Dispatch 6 for training. I was like not again at Louie's. verified it was training on the wrong channel.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
If I happened to be listening and that happened I would be flipping out as a scanner listener :p

During our training we always say "drill, drill" before or after every transmission and describe the training exercise over the radio prior to it occurring. I guess some departments have different ways of doing that stuff, some better than others.

toad99

Premium Subscriber
The fact that all of the radio traffic was female officers made me suspicious after about 20 minutes of listening. However, the sound of shots fired over the radio was pretty exciting. I guess they want as much realism as possible. Of course, once I started scanning the rest of the talkgroups, I heard actual high speed chases, which happen pretty much every night.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch 6 was used again during the mall shooting a week or so ago (an actual shooting, not training). I dont keep up with what OKC is doing since they are changing systems anyway soon.......ish lol

toad99

Premium Subscriber
Well, we had the exact same training event last night (2/5/2020) except it was actually on the training talkgroup. Same scenarios as before (like an active shooter at Louie's at Lake Hefner), but no audible shots fired this time. Still all female officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.