OCPD Mobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKisOK

Currently they use some ancient Motorola syntor stuff, I believe. I saw a photograph of the inside of a new police car on OCPD's web site some time ago.

With regard to their new EDACS equipment, they will probably be supplied with the latest and greatest ProVoice mobile radio, which looks like an Orion but I think is called a Jaguar.

mam1081

Feed Provider
OCPD Radios

If they are going to go the same way San Antonio did, they would probably get Jaguars. Orions are the mobile radios. I read a post somewhere that said SA was going back to analog after ProVoice was used also - wonder if they didn't like it?! It might have been b/c of coverage - I'm sure that won't be as big of a problem with all the sites that OKC is putting up. Their MDT radios (and computers) will get changed soon also. I saw an article the other day in the paper talking about the new WiFi network that the PD was going to put in. 802.11b, if you can believe that - encrypted VPN that is supposedly "very secure" - I'm sure there are people out there that can still sniff enough packets to know what's going on. They also said that there would be like 600 bases and the 800 cars/truck/engines could piggy-back on one another, or swap back to the "other system" (854.9xxx MHz :p) if they do go out of range of the new system.

RandyB

The city of Clarksville Tennessee, where I am originally from, chose Jaguars as well when they built their 800 MHz EDACS ProVoice system two years ago. The main complaint from users that I have heard has been the large size and bulkiness of the radios.

Also to follow up on my first post, I emailed the Radio System Support Manager and according to him OCPD uses Motorola Maratracs for mobiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.