Odd CSP radio call sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Christmas night there was an unknown injury crash near Dove Creek and a CSP unit 7A13 was dispatched from quite a distance away. First I was thinking it was 5A13, but after hearing it several times it was clearly SEVEN-A-13.

I thought that the 7A's were communications operators, but this was clearly a Trooper type call. The voice on the radio sounded young and inexperienced and his vehicle ended up stuck in the snow somewhere and eventually the accident parties offered to find him and help get him out.

The whole thing was kind of strange. Any ideas??

Troop

On Christmas night there was an unknown injury crash near Dove Creek and a CSP unit 7A13 was dispatched from quite a distance away. First I was thinking it was 5A13, but after hearing it several times it was clearly SEVEN-A-13.

I thought that the 7A's were communications operators, but this was clearly a Trooper type call. The voice on the radio sounded young and inexperienced and his vehicle ended up stuck in the snow somewhere and eventually the accident parties offered to find him and help get him out.

7A is the Denver Comm Center and there's no reason for any of them to be on the radio...that far away...i'm thinking is was another agency or something....sounds weird

n5ims

Just a guess here so please take it as such. It could be that there are some reserve officers that normally work at the comm center that have the training and ratings to work patrol duties to assist the normal duty officers when demand dictates. Since this was Christmas Night there may have been a shortage of on duty officers and with the weather that blew through additional demand may have necessitated the use of some of these reserve officers. The "young and unexperienced" voice of this unit adds to the possibility of this being the case.

Troop

Just a guess here so please take it as such. It could be that there are some reserve officers that normally work at the comm center that have the training and ratings to work patrol duties to assist the normal duty officers when demand dictates. Since this was Christmas Night there may have been a shortage of on duty officers and with the weather that blew through additional demand may have necessitated the use of some of these reserve officers. The "young and unexperienced" voice of this unit adds to the possibility of this being the case.

good guess...but we dont have reserves and Troopers dont usually work in dispatch unless it's a light duty deal

rc104a

I have been hearing what I think was eleven adam thirteen in the GJ area, I had to look it up to see that 11 units were CSP Academy units

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.