Odd feedback from Portland Police Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I have a Uniden BC246T and have a good handful of the Portland Public Safety Frequencies programmed in and also have the main dispatch talkgroups (Central, N, E Precincts plus two Tactical groups). I've noticed that recently some broadcasts are coming across as static. Its not happening on a specific frequency or even a specific talkgroup.

Is this common? I would say 99% of the time all comms come through clear but occasionally someone is broadcasting and it could be on any of the talkgroups picked up on any of the frequencies and it just comes through as solid static.

shonc182

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening intently since your original post, as I have been doing a little testing on my 536HP. I have noticed nothing unusual - as usual, PPS comes through really well for me.

I've been listening intently since your original post, as I have been doing a little testing on my 536HP. I have noticed nothing unusual - as usual, PPS comes through really well for me.

Perhaps it was just a odd occasion where someone had a mobile and was breaking up heavily when broadcasting?

pdxbofh

If you live near a cell tower this could cause local interference.

If you listen while driving, this is easy to observe. If you hear a transmission start, and then solid static, look around, you are probably near a cell site.

Just a thought...

Will

Otto

I too use a 246T as well, mine does this too whenever I am near cell towers. I find it really annoying to say the least. One thing that sort of helps it to set the attenuator on. I hope that when they switch over to the 700 MHz system this will clear up a bit. But bad news for me, that also means I will need a new scanner. I guess it will be about time, since the letters and numbers on my keypad are almost all worn off. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.