odd happenings re: CDOT Region 5 & 8 TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Managed to catch a fair bit of traffic on 2319 (no patch), and it appear that it's CDOT 4R - Park County. Park County used to be split between several maintenance sections, but the 2013 map has it all in section 4.

So I've submitted 2319 as CDOT 4R

That sounds right, I also have 2319 as 4 Robert. Thanks for the help!

Also, we are definitely "missing" 2 Paul TAC, I heard trucks discussing switching to it a few weeks ago on 2-Paul (2502), but I couldn't tell which TG they switched to. It's possible I can't hear that TG from the big Denver-Metro sites, although I'm guessing I did hear it on a "re-purposed" TG and just didn't know for sure what I was hearing...

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Update: Assuming CDOT is still using their basic channel layout, we are still "missing" several TAC channels, including:

*1 George Tac
*2 Paul Tac
*4 Robert Tac

(most of these "missing" TAC channels are very likely existing CDOT TG's which were "re-purposed"; the only "new" CDOT TG I've heard so far is 2310)

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
2P Tac

Was in Summit County today, and feel pretty confident that 8965 is 2P TAC.

Still trying to confirm, but so far I think I've got
8967 as 7J Tac
8968 as 7L Tac
8969 as 7P Tac

8966 seems to be a section 5 tac, not sure which one yet.

Still haven't seen any evidence of a 4R Tac.

Chuck

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
That's great info, AFAIK I haven't registered any of those TG's on the Denver-Metro area towers.

Also, tonight I'm hearing 4 Robert units use 2319 (from Squaw) with locations in Teller County. On 2319 I'm also hearing references to "4E" as a possible radio channel, although maybe "4E" is a Patrol Region abbreviation.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Update: CDOT just released "new" maps of the Maintenance Sections, which appear to reflect current boundaries. Here is the new statewide map.

Also I'm STILL hearing CDOT units and State Patrol Dispatchers inconsistently use "Section 8" and "Section 5" call signs on the same TG. For example, on 2317 I hear "8 Tom" and "5 Tom" designators on the same day. I've been hearing this for many months, perhaps they are still having difficulty remembering that Section 8 went away (assuming the latest maps are accurate and Section 8 did, in fact, go away).

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Out of curiosity, has anyone heard "Aurora base" lately on any CDOT channels? I don't believe I've heard them in a quite a long time...

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
Aurora Base would be in the 5 King area. Aurora Base is a massive facility, probably the largest in the state, so it might be a bit complicated on how they operate. In listening to the 1 King area, I've only heard "Loveland Base" used once in the last six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.