Odd issues scanner stopping on dead air.... 6/15/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evnldr

Hello,

Over the past 2 days I have been plagued with phantom signals, scanner just stops and lock on a signal with dead air. Most times I resume scan and its ok other times I have to avoid them.

this is with the Delaware public safety system.

Anybody else having this odd issue?

Thanks,

Latest one as of typing this was:
KS-TAC7
N-UDPD OPS
nothing there just stops and sits there.

SDS200,

k3hal

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Over the past 2 days I have been plagued with phantom signals, scanner just stops and lock on a signal with dead air. Most times I resume scan and its ok other times I have to avoid them.

this is with the Delaware public safety system.

Anybody else having this odd issue?

Thanks,

Latest one as of typing this was:
KS-TAC7
N-UDPD OPS
nothing there just stops and sits there.

SDS200,

yup...me too!
i use a 436 and 536 and both went silent! i dug out the 785D and 250D and got the same with added scramble. dug out the 15X analog and was able to hear fire/ems dispatch but no inner comms. i dont know if this issue is statewide but NCC is almost silent even tho the s-meter is going nutz! if you can lock onto the dispatch freq for pd & fire/ems you might hear a bit of chatter. otherwise if you listen closely it almost sounds like an open mic without audio. let me know if you hear a reason why...tnx.
harry

Evnldr

Glad it's not just me.. I can hear a bunch just locking out more than I'm used to.. If it locks on to a chanel for too long with no audio I temp lockout.

Not sure what's going on.
Most PD other than wilmington / Newark is encrypted

shajen

Glad it's not just me.. I can hear a bunch just locking out more than I'm used to.. If it locks on to a chanel for too long with no audio I temp lockout.

Not sure what's going on.
Most PD other than wilmington / Newark is encrypted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.