Odd noise monitoring NCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrabs74

Yesterday, I spend some time in New Castle County and noticed a few observations about the NCC TRS:

1. On a few occasions, I heard what sounded like analog static at the end of some digial xmits on several different TGs. I don't know if this was because of where I was or if this was a system problem.

2. I was able to hear DSP troopers talk to RECOM, but the dispatchers were encrypted. Is that normal?

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
ctrabs74 said:
1. On a few occasions, I heard what sounded like analog static at the end of some digial xmits on several different TGs. I don't know if this was because of where I was or if this was a system problem.
2 repeaters are hanging open. A system problem that has yet to be fixed as of this writing.
2. I was able to hear DSP troopers talk to RECOM, but the dispatchers were encrypted. Is that normal?
No. What you described happens once in a while.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

ctrabs74

h8tdigitalradio said:
No. What you described happens once in a while.

Just my luck that it happened to be when I was monitoring it for an extended period... I figured it had to be one of those rare occurances, since I had been able to hear both sides in the few occasions I can pick up Delaware. I'm only able to pick up the Delaware TRS about 1-2 blocks north of the West Chester-West Goshen border along High St near West Chester University (south end), and then I lose the signal. Which stinks because I live in the opposite end of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.