odd P 25 near Burke County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

Okay,,,,, on a Pro 197, near Asheville, I get 152.8025. Registers as P 25 w/ NAC of 190. It is received with no control channel information such as a site number, just DG P25 190. The nearest system utilizing P 25 on 152.8025, is S.T.A.R.S. out of Virginia. After three hours I can't pull in specific locations to check on Google Map. I did hear the term Burke County, and also MED Channel. Just sounds to be Law Enforcement and possibly F.D. Now to my very limited understanding, the NAC of 190 is actually in HEX, it should convert to 400 in DEC. S.T.A.R.S. has neither listed on their charts. For a brief moment a group number did show up of 496. Okay everyone, what is it?

reconrider8

from experience im going to say its stars being its 190 is close to 19e... used to pick that on occasion when sweeping federal band and monitoring and that nac got me almost everytime

AlphaFive

odd P 25 near Burke County

Thanks for that reply, I have to think your right. I can't quite grasp the format that applies to NAC and HEX, but if the system number is 19E, we have to be on the right track, thanks again. I did enter all of the systems, ten of them, for S.W. Virginia, I even entered the two east systems that utilize the 152.8025 freq. My scanner couldn't pull in any control channel. It's like there is a giant repeater floating around out there......only the SHADOW knows

reconrider8

i know for some reason on my 106 if i hold on the cc for stars all i get is the info no noise whats so ever just the normal until i get right close to the tower then i get noise on it

AlphaFive

odd P 25 near Burke County

Yeah, I just don't understand anything about this one, I opened my squelch to the breaking point, a few times I could hear data transmission noise. The only problem with that, being the fact that only two systems in the east of the state use 152.8025 as a control or alternate,, There is just no way that my little 197 in Asheville was homing in on east Virginia. Thanks again, and take care of yerself

Status
Not open for further replies.