• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Odd P25 TGIDs on MPSCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mloftus2

When searching on the MPSCS using my 396T, I sometimes pickup traffic under oddly formatted TGIDs. Normally the TGIDs appear as "1010" or "2006", but these others appear as "730123-720123". When quick-saved, that TGID would be stored as "730123".

Can anyone explain these TGIDs?

[I changed the actual numbers in the odd TGID above - just in case ...]

seamusg

mloftus2 said:
When searching on the MPSCS using my 396T, I sometimes pickup traffic under oddly formatted TGIDs. Normally the TGIDs appear as "1010" or "2006", but these others appear as "730123-720123". When quick-saved, that TGID would be stored as "730123".

Can anyone explain these TGIDs?

[I changed the actual numbers in the odd TGID above - just in case ...]
MPSCS is a project 25 standard system not a MOT II. TG are in increments of 1 and go from 1 to 65000. 730123-720123 would be a private call and the numbers are the two radio numbers.

mloftus2

Oh - private call. Interesting.

Where can I find out more about this?

What do the radio numbers represent?

Can they be scanned for? (Using 396T) I've saved some so I guess I can scan for them. They are saved as TGIDs, so I guess Uniden doesn't care about the 65000 limit. BTW, is that a decimal 65000, or binary 64K limit?

Is there a database for them as there is for TGIDs?

Who said anything about MOT II?

Thanks!

seamusg

mloftus2 said:
Oh - private call. Interesting.

Where can I find out more about this?

What do the radio numbers represent?

Can they be scanned for? (Using 396T) I've saved some so I guess I can scan for them. They are saved as TGIDs, so I guess Uniden doesn't care about the 65000 limit. BTW, is that a decimal 65000, or binary 64K limit?

Is there a database for them as there is for TGIDs?

Who said anything about MOT II?

Thanks!
binary 64k. As far as I know Motorola does a conversion of the actual radio number for I calls. So you don't actually see the real radio number. When I run PRO96COM it's shows the actual radio ID, For MPSCS the only radio that start with 7 are Detroit. For I calls all the radio ID's start with 7. MPSCS radio ID's are a 7 digit number with the 1st digit being it's home tower zone followed by the 2 digit county number, the next 4 are the radio number(serial number). You can and it looks like you are scanning for them. Saving individual radio ID's in the scanner is a waste of space unless you want to hear a particular radio, just use the I call setup. About MOTII I misunderstood your question at first and after re-reading it I saw you were asking about I calls. Someone once posted the I-Call conversion number format, but I can't find it now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.