Odd P25 TGIDs on MPSCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mloftus2

When searching on the MPSCS using my 396T, I sometimes pickup traffic under oddly formatted TGIDs. Normally the TGIDs appear as "1010" or "2006", but these others appear as "730123-720123". When quick-saved, that TGID would be stored as "730123".

Can anyone explain these TGIDs?

[I changed the actual numbers in the odd TGID above - just in case ...]

seamusg

mloftus2 said:
When searching on the MPSCS using my 396T, I sometimes pickup traffic under oddly formatted TGIDs. Normally the TGIDs appear as "1010" or "2006", but these others appear as "730123-720123". When quick-saved, that TGID would be stored as "730123".

Can anyone explain these TGIDs?

[I changed the actual numbers in the odd TGID above - just in case ...]
MPSCS is a project 25 standard system not a MOT II. TG are in increments of 1 and go from 1 to 65000. 730123-720123 would be a private call and the numbers are the two radio numbers.

mloftus2

Oh - private call. Interesting.

Where can I find out more about this?

What do the radio numbers represent?

Can they be scanned for? (Using 396T) I've saved some so I guess I can scan for them. They are saved as TGIDs, so I guess Uniden doesn't care about the 65000 limit. BTW, is that a decimal 65000, or binary 64K limit?

Is there a database for them as there is for TGIDs?

Who said anything about MOT II?

Thanks!

seamusg

mloftus2 said:
Oh - private call. Interesting.

Where can I find out more about this?

What do the radio numbers represent?

Can they be scanned for? (Using 396T) I've saved some so I guess I can scan for them. They are saved as TGIDs, so I guess Uniden doesn't care about the 65000 limit. BTW, is that a decimal 65000, or binary 64K limit?

Is there a database for them as there is for TGIDs?

Who said anything about MOT II?

Thanks!
binary 64k. As far as I know Motorola does a conversion of the actual radio number for I calls. So you don't actually see the real radio number. When I run PRO96COM it's shows the actual radio ID, For MPSCS the only radio that start with 7 are Detroit. For I calls all the radio ID's start with 7. MPSCS radio ID's are a 7 digit number with the 1st digit being it's home tower zone followed by the 2 digit county number, the next 4 are the radio number(serial number). You can and it looks like you are scanning for them. Saving individual radio ID's in the scanner is a waste of space unless you want to hear a particular radio, just use the I call setup. About MOTII I misunderstood your question at first and after re-reading it I saw you were asking about I calls. Someone once posted the I-Call conversion number format, but I can't find it now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.