• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Odd Signal on 27.125 mHz (CB band Chanel 14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brickson98

here is someone hearing it on AM

Here it is at my QTH sometimes on 27.155 today, right now 27.125

I've tracked the noise to a church across the street.
I am in Chilliwack BC

That first video is mine, I'm the one who made the post on Reddit. So you think it's coming from a church across the street from you? I wonder what the heck it is. How did you narrow it down to that church?

ll_Cartel_ll

That first video is mine, I'm the one who made the post on Reddit. So you think it's coming from a church across the street from you? I wonder what the heck it is. How did you narrow it down to that church?
I took my walkie and with no antenna it was loud at the building.
I also tracked another to a condo.
thankfully it dont last long.
Not as bad as the plt crap

there used to be a noise like this on 16 or 15 way back in the day at the hospital.
We used to think it was a heart machine and we might kill them if we whistle and stuff

spongella

Premium Subscriber
The odd signal known as the "skip pip" on 27.125 mHz is back now at 715 am, it can be heard from 27.123 - 27.133 mHz. Someone mentioned in an earlier post that it was a broad signal.

wska999

The odd signal known as the "skip pip" on 27.125 mHz is back now at 715 am, it can be heard from 27.123 - 27.133 mHz. Someone mentioned in an earlier post that it was a broad signal.

What area are you in? Also, is it present during skip conditions or is it a local signal? I am not doing any tracking at this time because of the Covid-19 situation, but where are you located? It may be medical equipment.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Location is western NJ, only comes in during band openings and yes some say it could be diathermy equipment. Hospital DX?

wska999

Location is western NJ, only comes in during band openings and yes some say it could be diathermy equipment. Hospital DX?
Diathermy for the most part emits a low power signal, but that's not to say it will not carry long distances when the skip propagation present. If it sounds like diathermy, it could very well be. But in all the years I have been in radio, I have never heard diathermy on skip. There are other industrial devices and equipment that operate with high power. Fabricating glue machines operate with hundreds of watts of power. They operate around the same frequencies. The CB band shares operational devices with the weather service and even NASA. You really don't realize it, but those noises are present every day. So as far as the signal you are hearing, being that it is not local and not present very long, it may not be possible to locate. I will however be listening on that frequency to see if I can here it down here in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.