Odd use of TG by MHP Troop E

wb0wao

Currently monitoring MHP Troop E using TG 4201 (Cape County ALL) with some MHP units. According to UniTrunker they are cross patching dispatch with TG 55 (Dispatch 1). The units appear to be operating in and around Cape City.

west-pac

They're probably doing that so the local LE can hear the state police. Maybe they're working a drug bust, a warrant round-up, or other situation together. It could just be so the local units can hear the routine state police traffic.

My local sheriff DMR system retransmits one neighboring county's P25 TG onto the their DMR system.

wb0wao

Could be... lot of traffic stops, etc. I think they were doing it last night as well too. The MHP units that I am hearing appear to be a mix of Troop E units and some that I have never heard or logged before.

Stephen

Could be an enforcement pack, especially if your hearing traffic stops over the radio. A lot of the troops will self initiate them over the computer, though with multi agency sometimes to keep people informed they will conduct them over the radio.