Oddcast gain issues (scanners audio distorting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

labonte4444

Ok guys... I need a lil help here. I have been running oddcast for over 2 years without any issues at all. Now, all of a sudden I have extremely high (clipping) gain problems. I use 2 motorola SP50's for my scanners, both going into a splitter into the line in on my desktop computer. I'm using Realtek audio controls on the computer. I can barely get the gain above zero on the oddcast and barely have the volume up at all on the SP50's, and it starts distorting. Also the gain control on the Realtek software is barely off of zero. In the past, all input volumes levels have been ~50%. So.... Am I dealing with a sound card issue here? Is anyone else having issues with oddcast? Is anyone else even still using oddcast? LOL! Anyways... If anyone has any ideas of what could be the problems, I'm listening.

Thanks,
David

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
'm using Realtek audio controls on the computer. I can barely get the gain above zero on the oddcast and barely have the volume up at all on the SP50's, and it starts distorting. Also the gain control on the Realtek software is barely off of zero. In the past, all input volumes levels have been ~50%. So.... Am I dealing with a sound card issue here? Is anyone else having issues with oddcast? Is anyone else even still using oddcast? LOL! Anyways... If anyone has any ideas of what could be the problems, I'm listening.

Thanks,
David
I was using Oddcast for most of the past several years, kind of alternating between a Windows 7 desktop and a WinXP laptop, and all was well. A few months ago I started having similar gain/distortion issues on the Win 7 box (coincidentally - or not - after some Microsoft NET framework updates), and after trying everything I could think of, I gave up on the Win 7 box. I'm now using the old XP laptop exclusively, but now with Scannercast. Oddcast has become wonky on there too, but it seems to be a configuration problem, and I can't even get it to connect. So for me it's Scannercast with XP for the foreseeable future. It works just fine. BTW, I have Realtek on both computers.

Not an answer to your question, but I'm in a similar boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.