Oddity in new posts list

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
When looking at the new posts list, I often see a small image of my avatar next to a thread that I never responded in. So I'm thinking this is some glitch.

vUMzVvj.jpg

ipfd320

Banned
i have that on alot of posts--i actually think you had answered or replied in that post--you dont have to be watching the post--eyeball on right--its u interacted

You will notice the same thing in the political section of the taverns

ipfd320

Banned
i was just playing around with the mouse and i scrolled over the little icon of me and it showed i had x amount of posts in that thread--as for you geisty its a ghosty...lol i tried--try the scroll over

D

DaveNF2G

I have just started seeing this within the past couple of days. Today my avatar was inserted on a brand new thread that was started after the last time I logged in.

As another data point, I use Private Browsing in Firefox, so I have to log on every time I visit RR. No persistent login.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I have just started seeing this within the past couple of days. Today my avatar was inserted on a brand new thread that was started after the last time I logged in.

Yes, seems to be a bug in Xenforo.

As another data point, I use Private Browsing in Firefox, so I have to log on every time I visit RR. No persistent login.

I would suspect that's normal behaviour for any browser using Private Browsing. Cookies are probably not stored so the system can't log you back in.

D

DaveNF2G

I know it's normal. My point was that perhaps private browsing is a factor in the bug we are seeing.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I don't use "private browsing" so it's not that. It's probably some database issue. It could even be a scipt or add-on, extension, what ever Xenforo calls it interacting with another add-on and producing the results you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.