ODNR Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Here is a pic I snapped on an ODNR CV this past weekend while camping
at Cowan Lake State Park near Wilmington. It is not very sharp,
I had to snap it fast and the weather was very hazy.

Attachments

• odnrford1x.jpg
    odnrford1x.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 214

Yokoshibu

looks a little low to be a p71 ... nice pic... did they transition to marcs yet? I know up north a few state parks had repeaters up in the 160 range!

dr400

Yokoshibu said:
looks a little low to be a p71 ... nice pic... did they transition to marcs yet? I know up north a few state parks had repeaters up in the 160 range!

I don't know about MARCS but Barcamp State Park in Belmont County dispatches on the Belmont County 911 TRS system. Digital audio. I would assume they also can access MARCS.

Dale

Yokoshibu

Cool thanks I knew there was talk of pushing all state parks to marcs... just wondering if it ever happened!

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Yokoshibu said:
Yes, they are on MARCS, but are still on the older VHF as well. In this case mainly using tg 32912 CALL SW and 33088 Enforcement Region 4.
The Campground Check-In Station still uses 151.2800 with a 107.2 PL for park simplex.

You will notice that a "Caesar Creek" decal is on the driver side rear door.
Cowan Lake and Caesar Creek State Parks are about 10 miles apart and fall within ODNR Region 4 (District 5),
so patrols from both parks patrol each other.

CVPI4Ever

Yokoshibu said:
looks a little low to be a p71
It is a P71. Its a common problem for them to start to sag in the rear after a while. That combined with all the stuff in the trunk.

Yokoshibu

CVPI4Ever said:
combined with all the stuff in the trunk.

^^^ yeah my p71 doesnt have that problem but I dont have anything in the trunk besides a few radios and and some light gear ... nothing more than 50lbs total... and you can feel a difference between a light tank and full tank of gas... unlike a loaded squad car.

Status
Not open for further replies.