Odnr (new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

al_35

Found this frequency recently, 159.2025,wqyy939,Odnr,i see 6 locations for it in ohio. Since they are currently on marcs ip, I wonder what the usage for this channel is for? A new mre?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Looking at the license, it is not an MRE. it is base to mobile simplex and only licensed to 100 mobiles at five different locations. Based on those locations it doesn't appear to be watercraft enforcement. However, the licensing states it's use is law enforcement. It seems to me that this could possibly be used as an on scene tactical channel.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Looks more like some type of Park usage. All are located at a park location except Athens, that is the District 4 office.

Others are Barkamp park
Tar Hollow - think that is state forest and/or park
Zaleski - close to the Hocking area
Malabar Farm State Park

Might be moving some stuff off MARCS - I know is licensed as LE - but in the past Park Maint has used same as Park , still here some on MARCS as well (but less than I used to)

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Some of the state parks in southeast Ohio have spotty or non-existent MARCS and cell phone service. They are in the middle of nowhere. I am guessing that VHF is used in some way to provide reliable comms for park employees including law enforcement.

Rick, W8UU

phask

Premium Subscriber
Some of the state parks in southeast Ohio have spotty or non-existent MARCS and cell phone service. They are in the middle of nowhere. I am guessing that VHF is used in some way to provide reliable comms for park employees including law enforcement.

Rick, W8UU

Tar Hollow and Zaleski are the only 2 even in SE near a park, Athen is listed as State st.

Zaleski has a MARCS tower location as does Tar Hollow. I would almost guess it might be on the same tower exceot looking at the license they are not that high.

I'm sticking with just local park ops - until someone finds something different.

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
The Athens site is the ODNR district office on East State Street. The Zaleski MARCS site is on Sheets-McCoy Road and not the State Route 278 address listed on the WQYY-939 license. All of these VHF sites involve a simple base station and a 50' tower somewhere on or near an ODNR facility. If I am able to visit one of these areas, I'll give it a listen and see what I can find out.

Rick W8UU

phask

Premium Subscriber
The Athens site is the ODNR district office on East State Street. The Zaleski MARCS site is on Sheets-McCoy Road and not the State Route 278 address listed on the WQYY-939 license. All of these VHF sites involve a simple base station and a 50' tower somewhere on or near an ODNR facility. If I am able to visit one of these areas, I'll give it a listen and see what I can find out.

Rick W8UU

I have no idea if the actual lat/lon is accurate - but in the "old" days they would have one at park office or very close - too cheap to run much hardline:)

I know State is ODNR Dist 4 HQ... Was born at O'Blennis many,many moons ago.

Make sure you have a scanner running.

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
I am old enough to remember Ohio's state parks being on 31.34 and 31.46 MHz. You are right, local controlled base stations at the park office, fire towers, et al We usually camp at one or several of the local state park campgrounds during the summer. I hope I can catch something worthwhile -- or at least something that defines the use -- on that channel!

sopranosno1

Since were talking odnr has any one caught any mre's coming from.any of the park rangers or wildlife vehicles? They were on 774 mhz area on the old marcs system. Now the osp mre's are the old osp mre-s .465.375,465.425,465.525,465.550. also osp used to use 465.5625 around osu football games and the ohio state fair. Just some frequencies to watch for around state parks and lakes.

al_35

Just a follow up, anyone have any luck with this new Odnr frequency ?

Status
Not open for further replies.