ODOT/OSP getting Unity multi-band radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremym70

Also if you read a little further it talks about reusing controllers from the Department of Corrections for the statewide project. Didn't realize there was a trunked system at the Wilsonville prison.

jeremym70

I would assume P25, unknown though whether it would be Phase 1 or 2 for voice? I would guess we should start seeing some licensing soon, should provide some clues?

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Also if you read a little further it talks about reusing controllers from the Department of Corrections for the statewide project. Didn't realize there was a trunked system at the Wilsonville prison.
And just as a side note, Coffee Creek is P25 Phase 1. I live just close enough to pick it up, but i haven't had the chance to submit the info to the RRDB yet.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Awesome, thanks PMJ2kx. I am dissapoint... that it is P25, however I wonder if this will become part of WCCCA/CCOM when/if they make an upgrade like this- I have no idea what their plans are, but it would only seem logical.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Awesome, thanks PMJ2kx. I am dissapoint... that it is P25, however I wonder if this will become part of WCCCA/CCOM when/if they make an upgrade like this- I have no idea what their plans are, but it would only seem logical.

Doubtful. ODOT, OSP, ODF, ODOC, and OEM (wow, alphabet soup!) are the key players who will be utilizing the system for day-to-day operations. Neighboring systems will have access to it for interoperability, but there aren't any plans to include local systems on the network itself.

Maybe one day, we'll all be on Portland's 700Mhz system...

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Doubtful. ODOT, OSP, ODF, ODOC, and OEM (wow, alphabet soup!) are the key players who will be utilizing the system for day-to-day operations. Neighboring systems will have access to it for interoperability, but there aren't any plans to include local systems on the network itself.

Maybe one day, we'll all be on Portland's 700Mhz system...

Haha. And alright, thanks. I wonder how long that will be..

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Just heard an OSP unit using his Harris Unity portable on Yamhill County's channel. Sounds perfectly fine.

jeremym70

Looks like Goat Mt, Halls Ridge, Prospect, Salem, Doane Creek, Eagle Crest, Bald Mt, Chehalem Mt, High Heaven, and Bend will be the initial sites

Status
Not open for further replies.