OEM and Interoperability Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
In reference to the Red cross channels, they share with all the Special Emergency licensed users(school buses are considered special emergency by FCC definition). There is only one frequency that I know of that is their exclusively nationwide. The Red Cross has in the past attempted to keep other users off some of the PS channels. But that hasn't worked out too well for them, especially in the NYC Metro area.

Monmouth

When you mention Monmouth County, I think you are referring to as it is called here -Monmouth Fire 5 154.265 151.4. In the Southern parts of the state, Burlington, Ocean, Gloucester, etc. etc. call it the SOUTH JERSEY NETWORK. I believe this is a common statewide frequency but it's not too common since every agency has it's own PL assigned to it.
The other frequency you may be speaking of is a command channel 153.830 151.4 which is in fire agency radios only-we do not have a base therefore we do not monitor it unless someone locks it in the scanner. I believe, and I don't remember offhand what it is, but that frequency was a certain wattage but was upgraded by FCC a number of years ago. Hope that helps for Monmouth stuff !!

P.S. - Ground is still supposed to be broken "in the spring" for the new building. Consultant already doing survey on trunked system - I believe as of last week there was a number of new towers (sorry-don't remember how many) that have already been suggested.
Survey should be going out soon to all agencies to assign a person to inventory portable and mobile equipment and they will be given a secure website to enter all of the information.
That is the update for now!!
Kevin O'Brien Senior Public Safety Telecommunicator Oper 5 (69-5)

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
DJ88, I'm just a little confused here. I found both Ocean Gate OEM frequencies, 175 under Pt. 90.21A - PROVIDES FIRE PROTECTION FOR THE CITIZENS OF OCEAN GATE BORO, NJ. and 275 under Pt. 90.17A - BORO OF OCEAN GAGE OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT TO COORDINATION COMMUNICATION BETWEEN ALL MUNICIPAL SERVIE DURING AN EMERGENCY. (Caps courtesy of copy and paste from the FCC database.) Trouble is 175 isn't licensed to Point Pleasant Boro, I don't know how you came up with that.

As an aside I thought 275 sounded familiar, it's an old my home town Rahway PD frequency.

DJ88

Warren, I wouldn't lie to you. Honest!! I found it doing a FCC geographical search for the Point Pleasant Beach area a few months back. It was a repeater, licensed to the borough, Attn: Office of Emergency Management. And, the day I posted it here, I double checked and it was there, along with Ocean Gate. It may have, however, been an expired license and since removed from the database. BTW, I found a new frequency for Point Beach PD:
WQKB485
Point Pleasant Beach, Borough of
416 New Jersey Ave.
Point Pleasant Beach, N,J. 08742
Attn: Police Department
Grant Date: 3/17/09
FB2 Power Output 25 Maximum ERP 25
FB Power Output 25 Maximum ERP 25
MO Power Output 4 Maximum ERP 4
The emission codes (ending in 2E indicate digital)
I haven't programmed it yet, but you may want to.

And, while I have you here, do you have any idea what Point Beach Fire Channel 16 is? They used it a few years back at a fire at a building supply store In Wall Township, and, either a few nights ago at the fire in Bay Head, or at the fire at the Saw Mill in Seaside Park, I heard one of the guys say "switch to our channel 16". It seems they only use it when they're out of town on a mutual aid assignment, or at least, that's the only times I've ever heard them say to go to it.

Last edited:

Analogrules

No, for Monmouth County, I was referring to the frequency of 154.430 MHz. MOST, but not every, town in Monmouth County uses this as their main FD frequency.

DJ88

I don't monitor police that often, mostly just fire and EMS, but I can say that they encrypt MOST of their traffic. According to a post quite some time ago on this subject by Warren (kb2vxa), who lives in town and monitors them, occasionally some traffic will come over unencrypted. I don't know if that's changed and if they encrypt EVERYTHING now or not. I'm sure he'll see this and respond.

kb2vxa

Banned
DJ, I never accused you of lying, (;->) but I sure wondered where you came up with that Point Boro frequency. I think you hit on something, probably an expired or canceled license which is why you should check the "active" box when searching the database.

I haven't a clue what "channel 16" is, could be anything depending on how the truck's console is set up. Since they used it at two widely separated locations and one in another county likely it's a common fireground channel but which one?

Just to clarify something, when PPB first started using the new radio system it was clear, then they started testing encryption. It became a mish-mosh because nobody told them the difference between the white dot and white circle and being the receiver switches modes automatically it all sounds the same to them, makes no difference which position the switch is in. Last 4 July for obvious reasons there were radios galore in the field so everything was in the clear but the following day both channels were 100% encrypted and have been ever since. Some bright boy must have figured it out, I hope one doesn't turn up in Berkley.

Now they have a THIRD frequency pair? Hmmm, this should be interesting. I'll have to check it out but it's going at the bottom of the bank making it easier to program and delete (which seems likely) without shifting all the other channels in the process. (;->) As an aside, I'm wondering why the council insists on pissing money away while crying poor mouth all the time. They just nearly doubled the water bill and sewer tax among a few other things, dirty baskets!

Last edited:

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I don’t listen to PPB FD all the time, but I think they use the repeater all the time. Just a thought. I bet the radios are 16 channels. Ch 1 would be the repeater and spin the knob all the way to it stops. Ch 1. Simplex? That is how my volley Department does it. Seeing that they use the Ch 16 when they are out of town, they may have trouble getting in to the repeater.

Just a thought.

DJ88

DJ, I never accused you of lying,

I was just trying to be humorous. Nothing meant by it at all.

And to jcityfire, thanks for that input. That was a thought I had, that it may be Fire 1 off of the repeater. My wife knows a woman whose son is a Point Beach fireman, and I'm going to see if I can find out through him.

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Banned
"I don’t listen to PPB FD all the time, but I think they use the repeater all the time."
Nope, they're just as confused as the cops were only they can't figure out whether they're on the repeaters inputs or outputs, they have two and use them both. Then they have another simplex, I suppose fireground frequency 477.825 DPL 051 but since I pay little attention to what channel they're on I'm not sure whether or not they use it or how much if they do.

Er, could it be that mystery channel 16?

"My wife knows a woman whose son is a Point Beach fireman, and I'm going to see if I can find out through him."
Oh no, 4201 to Command, Captain Chaos is on scene. I'm not saying firemen are dumb but they barely know how to use the radio let alone what makes it tick. Then there is that Chinese Telephone, never a good connection and I barely know a few words and phrases in Cantonese, none of them socially acceptable. Oh, if you never played Chinese Telephone maybe you know it by another name, Gossip. Either way what goes in never comes out quite the same way. (;->)

JC, for your own sake please stop trying to second guess how the radio shop sets up channels, you're only confusing yourself. Back in the days of crystal controlled channel elements it made some sort of sense, a mechanical rotary switch can only be configured so many ways. With today's digitally programmable PLL synthesizers it can be any way your little heart desires and I've never seen any sort of conformance one system to another, like snowflakes (mostly flakes) no two are alike.

Last edited:

GM

Premium Subscriber
American Red Cross - NJ

Hi folks:

Had to put this in the appropriate thread, and this one fits the bill. Just heard the American Red Cross do a VHF Low-Band test on 47.42000 and came up with a PL of 146.2 Hz. Wanted to pass this along to everyone, since we've had severe weather conditions as of late, (and you never know what may pop into action at any given time when regular channels/frequencies fail to work properly, or are congested with radio traffic)...

Note: I had previously heard this freq. in action in 2005 with a DCS tone of 165, but now not sure if it was indeed the A.R.C. The 146.2 CTCSS tone heard earlier is confirmed, for the record. Update notes and scanners/radios, where applicable... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.