OFC Talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan433pk

Was listening to the ppstn and OFC 301 told dispatch he was switching to ops 1. He was originally on OFC_Main. Do you think PA FIRE 1 is also used as ofc ops 1?

mohjo

I've heard them on tg 4035 fighting a fire on Sweetgrass reserve as recent as yesterday. Could this be the ops ch. you heard them switch too? I think its listed as Provincial Fire in the data base.

mohjo

Well I'm in the NB region so I don't pick up OFC very often, but when they were first fighting the fire on Sweetgrass PA Fire tg 4032 kept coming up. They have since switch tg's to a Provincial TG. Not sure if this helps ya at all. Its all I got for now, but I'll keep listening.

mohjo

Unfortunatly they have now left this area back to PA, but before they did 301 went back to Tac 1. Nothing was said though so I was unable to confirm if Tac 1 is the PA TG. Sorry.

ryan433pk

UPDATE: Just heard tones for a rapid response to the thunderchild first nation for a barn fire.
This must be OFC. All on TG 4035. On another note. they use the same tones as ems for the toneouts. odd.

mohjo

I agree they must be on 4035 as that is in tg they were using when they were here. Thats odd about the tone outs but maybe thats so they aren't confused with regular fire???
I was wondering, is rapid response responding to places with no Mutual Fire Aid agreements or just working south due to the unusually dry conditions to help out local fire departments.The reason I ask is I've never heard these guys south of PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.