OFD E33 Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
OFD E33 was struck by a POV while making a call. No injuries have been reported yet, they're calling for an accident investigator and a command car from OPD, and Battalion 3 to respond to the scene.

Attachments

• FireGood.jpg
    FireGood.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 166

Pro92

OFD accident

NeFire242 said:
OFD E33 was struck by a POV while making a call. No injuries have been reported yet, they're calling for an accident investigator and a command car from OPD, and Battalion 3 to respond to the scene.
I am glad to hear that no one was hurt in the accident.
Hey i have a web page of fire trucks-rescue vehicles on my webtv as a hobby. can you e-mail me a picture of omaha FD truck & rescue unit to add to my scrap-book.
if possible send to davenport_2@webtv.net
Thank you very much

SCPD

QRT
NeFire242 said:
They have to call a traffic investigator if any city vehicle is envolved in an accident. At least it did not get stolen and envlovled ina 45 minute pursuit like MED 5.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Stolen OPD Vehicle

badgeomaha.gif

Oh yeah speaking of stolen OPD vehicles with the latest one being the Lumina. ( Story Here ).

Amazing how they run those ads and service reminds about making sure you don't leave your keys in the vehicles "No keys for thieves" as the program is, and yet they do it.

No Keys For Thieves Program
No Keys For Thieves Video

They need to take their own advice and do a better job.

Last edited:

Yokoshibu

they make a cool little device that wont let you put the car in drive unless you activate it.... its simple, cheap and easy to use, thats all I am gonna say about it.

anyways... whats the policy out here on car accidents involving city / county vehicles?
most of the towns I lived in called the county to investigate. if a county was involved they would in turn call the state....

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Found

I see where they found their own stolen car now from two weeks ago...

Police call leads Omaha officers to car stolen two weeks ago
Brian Lahm

Omaha police on Thursday recovered an unmarked police vehicle that was stolen two weeks ago.

The Chevrolet Lumina was found in a parking lot at the Ontario Place Apartments, 3709 S. 74th St., about 8:30 a.m.

Police were responding to a call about a burglary in a garage in the area.

The unmarked car was stolen Oct. 13 from Project Harmony, an Omaha police building at 72nd and F Streets that is home to the child victim and sexual assault unit.

Sgt. Teresa Negron, a police spokeswoman, said an officer in the unit left the car running while stepping inside the building. When the officer returned, she said, the car was gone.

No police weapons were inside the car - only a police radio, Negron said after the incident was reported. Reports on whether the vehicle was damaged were not immediately available.

Status
Not open for further replies.