(Off Subject) computer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

18-3box

that Cyber Tech site is closed- but i was wondering if any1 has had 2 download that new Adobe Flash Player 9.0. i have a few sites that have just moved over to that program. and i go to the Adobe Site to download it. But everytime i get there, the option to download the file does not appear. It also says that if it does not appear, u must click on the Gold Bar at the top of the Internet Browser Window. Does any1 know what bar they r talking about? i have not been able 2 find a gold bar. i cannot access multiple sites due to this including Youtube and myspace is semi-altered.

thanks for ur time.

Last edited:

WCRadioGuy

It may be talking about the ActiveX download bar. This usually appears requesting your approval to download activeX for that particular site. It shows a gold bar across the whole screen below the address bar.

18-3box

WCRadioGuy said:
It may be talking about the ActiveX download bar. This usually appears requesting your approval to download activeX for that particular site. It shows a gold bar across the whole screen below the address bar.

yeah, it does do that with the ActiveX bar. but it says to install ActiveX. and everytime i do click that, it never does install. i have 2 tinker with it a little more. but i will try 2 figure it out.

thanx 4 the help. i will check in to CyberTech again. when i went to that site earlier, they were moving into their new site.

18-3box

jake14 said:
cyber tech help isn't closed

www.cybertechhelp.com
thats what i got when i went to CTH

jpsmith2

18-3box said:
yeah, it does do that with the ActiveX bar. but it says to install ActiveX. and everytime i do click that, it never does install.

Perhaps your Security settings are set at a level which prohibits downloading of ActiveX controls?

Look in IE under Tools | Internet Options | Security

Try adjusting the security level slider, or adding the address to your Trusted Sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.