Off Topic: Stolen vehicle & trailer alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

blee1099

Normally I wouldn't post requests like this but this one hits home since its owned by a family friend.
His custom 24' foot enclosed trailer and Shelby Terlingua Mustang were stolen from a storage lot in Houston, Texas.

There is a $2500 reward for information leading to the recovery of the vehicle.

Attachments

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
I have a one night camping expedition, dinner over a campfire, a six-pack of beer, and tobacco.... that says by the 7th of this month, the 10th to the latest, the car and trailer will not look like that. ( Depends on the volume of cars stolen - and cars still in the criminals inventory. Time - Inventory - Profits )

The car will be torn apart for parts, to rebuild another muscle car - Or it will be repainted with new VINS added.

Just guessing, that whoever stole it, based on the area it was stolen from, was a pro and know what they were doing. I will not elaborate, but how did the thief know it was in storage ( Acquaintances, co-worker, friend and they "Blabbed" to the wrong person unknowingly.....ect ??)

Possibly....Quite possibly, the car and trailer is not even in the state, OR "completely done over" and sold separately. With stolen vehicles, in the locale that you have mentioned, time is of the essence and "Pros" do not want to get caught with the "Evidence" ; most especially if it involves interstate transportation of stolen goods across state lines.

I think you can pretty much say a vehicle of that make and model.....is gone forever.

FF-Medic !!!

blee1099

Sadly I suspect it may be gone. With them being limited edition vehicles one of 39, if someone tries to sell it, we will know since its a close circle of owners. The one that was stolen is probably valued at $100K easily. An abused one recently sold for $75,000. Sadly when the vehicle was new, lojack was only the viable option. For today's standards a gps tracker is the way to go..

com501

It was probably in Mexico within hours and is now either being driven by some cartel bigwig or is parts, sadly.

fleef

Premium Subscriber
So sorry!

I do not mean to rub salt in the wound- but may I recommend Lo Jack to your family? I had a very desirable 84 Chevy SS stolen three separate times (yes - THREE) and each time it was located with police and their lo jack locators. You must go for the premium option that has the system call a set of phone numbers you provide it also emails/texts. I had mine installed in Houston the week I got my car.

Had I NOT had Lo Jack, I would have lost my investment forever. I hope your family gets the car AND trailer back! No one knows if it is "gone forever"! They may show up- hopefully. You never know.

blee1099

They rammed the fence.. Unfortunately no good pics of the plate. Just a Ford pickup. They recovered the trailer but the car is still missing..

Essexscan

Ford has a real problem with Legit VIN tags(metal and door decals) and rivets being stolen from the Ford plants in Mexico. There are quite a few places that Vins hide that are nearly impossible to find and or reprogram. Look for someone selling the unique dash cluster or controllers if you think it was stripped for parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.