Offender Shot by Off-Duty Police Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
75xx S. Champlaign in Chicago. Original call came in as man shot. Beat 624 found male 35 years old with multiple gunshot wounds. Within a few minutes he was asking for a Sergeant or Lieutenant "immediately"...found this to be a little unusual. Shortly afterwards, they were asking to "turn mobile relay off"...Zone Dispatcher replied " I need a name and a star when you get a chance", 6th District Watch commander (Beat 699) asked for Crime Lab, which is normal reponse on any police involved shooting. CPD Zone 8, City-Wide 2, Holy Cross Med 3 is active. Have to play detective on this one...LOL !

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
75xx S. Champlaign in Chicago. Original call came in as man shot. Beat 624 found male 35 years old with multiple gunshot wounds. Within a few minutes he was asking for a Sergeant or Lieutenant "immediately"...found this to be a little unusual. Shortly afterwards, they were asking to "turn mobile relay off"...Zone Dispatcher replied " I need a name and a star when you get a chance", 6th District Watch commander (Beat 699) asked for Crime Lab, which is normal reponse on any police involved shooting. CPD Zone 8, City-Wide 2, Holy Cross Med 3 is active. Have to play detective on this one...LOL !

Beat car just told the Zone Dispatcher "change the UCR to 0620"...this means the initial report will be for Burglary-Unlawful Entry. So playing detective here, i'd take an educated guess that the off-duty officer found offender/victim in his home/garage, ordered offender/victim to stop and when he didn't comply was shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.