Officer involved shooting - Salinas

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Just heard something I've never heard before coming over my scanner. Request for all available Santa Cruz County Sheriff unit to go code 3 into Monterey County for something going on in Salinas.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Evidently there is an active protest going on about another shooting, and yet another shooting tonight, with a bunch of protesters involved. They are including Watsonville PD, which sits on the Santa Cruz County side.

Sac916

The past shooting was an officer involved shooting caught on video -- it's created a bit of a stir in the community. Was there another officer involved shooting tonight?

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
The call tonight was for an officer involved shooting. They would not have asked for mutual aid code 3 if it were just the protesters. It all seems rather odd. I heard about 12 units chime in here who were on their way, all going code 3. (I am in Santa Cruz County)

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to the broadcastify feed of Santa Cruz Fire and Sheriff and I dont hear any of that. Am I missing something? Been listening since 0100

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to the broadcastify feed of Santa Cruz Fire and Sheriff and I dont hear any of that. Am I missing something? Been listening since 0100

Are they now broadcasting the Sheriff on there? Most of the units are now on SCSO Red channel, or have switched to Monterey Sheriff frequencies (I heard one officer use the term North County channel, I don't normally scan Monterey County on my scanner as its too far south)

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Just saw a news guy live on scene. Someone was shot (though the reporter did not have info on the shooter) cops on the scene for the shooting started taking rocks and bricks from "protesters" which is why they asked for mutual aid. Seems to be winding down at this point.

It was alot of law enforcement from every and as far north as Santa Clara.

Are they now broadcasting the Sheriff on there? Most of the units are now on SCSO Red channel, or have switched to Monterey Sheriff frequencies (I heard one officer use the term North County channel, I don't normally scan Monterey County on my scanner as its too far south)

SCSO were running off CLEMARS talking to Monterey comm requesting them to cover North Monterey county till MOCOSO could free up some units.

Status
Not open for further replies.