Officer Involved Shooting, Yolo County

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Yolo County Sheriff units are working an officer involved shooting at County Road 99W and County Road 6 in the Dunnigan area. Started as a pursuit that went to a foot bail. Suspect fired at the officer with a rifle as he was in foot pursuit striking him in the chest. The officer has been taken to Woodland Hospital. The suspect is still outstanding. I-5 has been closed in both directions near the Dunnigan Rest Stop. They had traffic at the beginning of the pursuit saying that a child was in the car but so far the child has not been found and officers are saying the child may be with the suspect. Sac County S.T.A.R. 5 as well as Yolo, West Sac and Sac County S.W.A.T. are on the way to the scene. An FBI negotiator is also on scene.

Last edited:

selgaran

Per KCRA

Officer Shot; Manhunt In Progress
Incident May Involve Child, Officials Say

POSTED: 10:07 pm PDT June 15, 2008
UPDATED: 11:41 pm PDT June 15, 2008

DUNNIGAN, Calif. -- An officer was shot in the shoulder Sunday evening while pursuing a vehicle on County Road 99W and County Road 6 in Dunnigan, officials said.

The man who allegedly shot the officer has fled from his vehicle and police are currently in pursuit, officials said.

Officials said the man may have an infant with him as a hostage and could be armed with a rifle.

The incident started around 10 p.m. during a traffic stop, officials said.

The injured officer was airlifted to Woodland Memorial Hospital and is expected to be survive, police said.

The northbound lanes of Interstate 5 near Dunnigan are shut down, and officers advise motorists to use alternative routes.

Stay with KCRA 3 and KCRA.com for this developing story.

If this is Yolo SO, it should be on 154.800

Last edited:

LPD67

KCRA 3 News
Officer Shot; Manhunt In Progress
Incident May Involve Child, Officials Say

POSTED: 10:07 pm PDT June 15, 2008
UPDATED: 12:23 am PDT June 16, 2008
Email Story Print Story
DUNNIGAN, Calif. -- An officer was shot in the shoulder Sunday evening while pursuing a vehicle on County Road 99W and County Road 6 in Dunnigan, officials said.

The man who allegedly shot the officer has fled from his vehicle and police are currently in pursuit, officials said.

The man has been identified as 35-year-old Marco Topete from Arbuckle.

Deputies said the man had an infant with him in the car. The child was found in Topete's abandoned car on Sunday night on County route 5.

The incident started around 10 p.m. during a traffic stop, officials said.

The injured officer was airlifted to Woodland Memorial Hospital and is expected to be survive, police said.

The northbound lanes of Interstate 5 near Dunnigan are shut down, and officers advise motorists to use alternative routes.

Stay with KCRA 3 and KCRA.com for this developing story.

pfish

Premium Subscriber
Evertything is being comlinked with Yolo County Sheriff on West Sac PD ch TAC 2.

Comlinked:

DPD DSP2 (City of Davis TRS)
SSD 2 (SRRCS)
WSP T2 (SRRCS)
PATROL 2 (UC Davis TRS)
SP 5 (SRRCS)

Since this incident is tying up YSO Primary, normal patrol operations have switched to GREEN fire (154.445). Winters PD also switched.

Last edited:

RolnCode3

WSP T2 is on my Sac Area Law Enforcement feed, if anyone would like it dedicated to that channel, let me know and I'll do so (perhaps your scanner isn't working or something). Otherwise I'll just keep the normal scan going.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry I was not able to keep this updated last night but I ended up getting called to the scene for video documentation last night after talking with a few people I worked for while I was with Yolo SO a few years ago.

It's definitely sad to see another officer being killed in Yolo County just days after the sentencing for the last officer that was killed in Yolo County.
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101846

franka00213

This is very disturbing to me. I dont no what to feel. Im tired of hearing of officers loseing there lives. I just wish there was something that I could do.

GOD be with Deputy Diaz and his family they will be in my prayers.

LPD67

I worked for Yolo SO as a Deputy in 2003 through 2004. I actually had the pleasure of meeting Diaz in a SSD reserve night-time academy which eventually was canceled due to the poor budget in 2002.

I later was hired by Yolo SO and ran into Diaz when he worked for Yolo County Tech Services. He was VERY eager to become a Deputy still and the SO ended up hiring him a year after I left for Lodi PD.

Diaz always had a smile and was quite talkative.

I'm sorry to have lost him to another worthless piece of crap.

Mick

Suspect arrested

A parolee accused of killing 37-year-old Deputy Tony Diaz was captured Monday morning following a massive manhunt that lasted several hours.

Police arrested 35-year-old Arbuckle resident Marco Antonio Topete on suspicion of the shooting death, Prieto told reporters.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/16616672/detail.html

pfish

Premium Subscriber
Funeral Services

PEACE OFFICER DEATH
Deputy Tony Diaz
Yolo Co. Sheriff’s Dept.
EOW: June 15, 2008
At approximately 9:30 p.m., Sunday, June 15th in the Dunnigan area of Yolo County, Sheriff’s Deputy Tony Diaz (37) radioed that he had been shot.

Officers responding to the scene found the wounded deputy, and an abandoned baby in a car at the dead-end of County Road 5 at County Road 99. It is believed the suspected shooter, Marco Antonio Topete (35) of Arbuckle, may have been stopped for suspected DUI. Topete, on parole for assault with a deadly weapon, left the area on foot. The baby was reported safe. It is unclear whether the baby is related to Topete.

Deputy Diaz, a 10-year veteran of the sheriff's department, was airlifted to Woodland Memorial Hospital, where he died Monday morning.

A massive manhunt for the suspected gunman ensued. At 8:15 a.m. Monday morning it was reported that Marco Antonio Topete was taken into custody in connection with the shooting.

FUNERAL SERVICES Deputy Jose “Tony” Diaz
Yolo Co. Sheriff’s Dept.
EOW: June 15, 2008
DATE: Friday June 27, 2008.
TIME: 11:00 am
1 Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
There have been three trust accounts created to benefit Deputy Diaz’ family and children, they are as follows:
The “Tony Diaz Memorial Fund”, sponsored by the Yolo County Deputy Sheriff’s Association:

Bank of America – Woodland Branch
50 West Main Street
Woodland, CA 95695

Donations may be made at any Sacramento or Yolo County bank branch. for those not in the area, the donations should be mailed.

Washington Mutual Bank
1224 E. Gibson Road
Woodland, CA 95776
The Jose “Tony” Diaz Funeral Fund
Acct. 4924913456
The Children of Jose “Tony” Diaz Fund
Acct. 4924913597

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
"Yolo Deputy Sheriff murdered by 2nd Strike parolee "

Topete has been involved in numerous incidents while on parole -

thanks to the public crying for "prison reforms and prison budget cuts" he was kicked out of prison back onto the streets

If Topete had his parole revoked things might have been different

http://ccpoa.blogspot.com/2008/06/yolo-deputy-sheriff-murdered-by-2nd.html

Can we add BPH Deputy Commissioner B. Moore as an accessory to murder ?

If CDC was allowed to revoke his parole per the law -
TOPETE would still be in prison, awaiting revocation release on October 28, 2008

There's a reason why they are in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.