Officer involved shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

As updated on MAIN, an officer involved shooting took place in Longmont earlier today. The suspect was shot and transported after firing rounds at police during a foot pursuit.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone else feel as I do? In that Colorado members and this breaking news group, kinda break any news they can, just to post? I see Jim with 9000+ posts and most of them belong to the the breaking news group and an incident paging network.... K, when I want breaking news, I check RadioReference, cuz it's the best source of all, right? Have we kind of lost and forgotten maybe, what RR is about? The exchange of radio information and discussion? Now we include accidents, weather issues, and God knows what else has been posted to Colorado... anyone else kind of tired of it, or am I the only one?

Feel free to ban me for the greater good if I offend someone, but Jesus, enough is enough, eh? We had a posting the other day for an "important mexican holiday" that I felt might have been in poor taste (topic wise) let alone a little on the racist side. But is all this CRAP that is posted in Colorado, really RadioReference worthy at all?

Is it just me?

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

With all do respect, you're contributing so what you feel so strongly against. I also see no rule about posting 9000+ threads in "breaking news" in the rules. You don't have to visit this area at all either, there is plenty of non-news related threads in the CO forum.

I don't enjoy literature, but I'm not in the literature thread telling them that this is a radio site.

Wonder how long it is till this thread gets locked...

jfab

I think its very easy for an "outsider" (noticed you are from NE) to criticize the way the CO forum does things, mainly because you dont receive the pages from MAIN or MNN. Jim's "multiple" breaking news posts are follow ups to the pages he sends. I personally enjoy reading the news follow up to a page I received.

The CO forum (correct me if I'm wrong) is one of the most active regional threads on RR. The amount of information we share and the amount of information constantly submitted to our already huge database is nothing for anyone to cut down. I for one am thankful we live in a state that has such a wealth of knowledge on the hobby.

Please do not come into another state's forum and criticize the way we are doing things. I believe every member of the forum, MNN, and MAIN all have it covered.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
This thread is one more irrelevant post away from being closed. Any further off-topic discussion here will result in its' closure and moderation actions. Thanks....

Tazcop

I enjoy the "as paged", It hits the forum before the news. I wish we would have more in El Paso County area.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.