officer on two speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrizby

Quite often the police dispatch will talk about an "officer on two speed" or 'one speed' and
I assume it has something to do with the beat an officer is on, but I haven't figured
out exactly what this means. If anyone has the answer I would love to know.
This is for metro louisville.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That's a new one on me. Just thinking, is there any chance you might be hearing "Officer on 1"s BEAT" or "Officer on 2's BEAT"?

LMPD's car numbering system is something like 731-A. Broken down, that's 7th division, 3rd shift (which is afternoons) Beat 1 and Car A (on that given beat - I've heard them all the way to F),

When the dispatcher center is holding a run (because they ain't got the number of cops they need), the dispatcher contacts a sergeant and says something like: "I'm holding an alarm on 1's beat and no officers are clear".

wx4svr

That's a new one on me. Just thinking, is there any chance you might be hearing "Officer on 1"s BEAT" or "Officer on 2's BEAT"?

LMPD's car numbering system is something like 731-A. Broken down, that's 7th division, 3rd shift (which is afternoons) Beat 1 and Car A (on that given beat - I've heard them all the way to F),

When the dispatcher center is holding a run (because they ain't got the number of cops they need), the dispatcher contacts a sergeant and says something like: "I'm holding an alarm on 1's beat and no officers are clear".

Agree... it can often sound like "speed" ... but it's actually "2's beat". If you go under the MetroWatch Mapping web app (Interactive Maps of Louisville Metro, Jefferson County, KY) and choose layers, you can overlay the beats so you can get a visual representation of them.

chrizby

That must be it. Thanks. Been wondering about that for months actually.

Now let me get back to listening to my favorite song, 'Red Eye Love' :)

StinkyB

I asked the same question a while back, it does sound like they say speed instead of beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.