Officer Shot in Oak Hill, WV - Saved by Body Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwlyons

Does anyone have any updated information, including the condition of Cpl Young?

OAK HILL, (AP) - An Oak Hill police officer's life was saved by his bullet-proof vest, and police are now searching for the person who shot him.

Fayette County officials say Cpl. Chris Young was shot Thursday morning during a traffic stop.

Young was taken to Plateau Medical Center in Oak Hill, where he's being treated for minor injuries.

The State Police, Fayette County Sheriff's Department and Oak Hill police are searching for a dark, four-dour sedan with Ohio plates.

The shooting happened on Route 61. Authorities have set up roadblocks and detoured county school buses away from the area.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
This was on Route 61 toward Deepwater(old way to Montgomery) and wasn't in Oak Hill city limits. He was doing ok as the vest saved his life(I talked to one of my customers who was at the hospital when he was taken there). Last I heard they were still looking for what is being described as a black Cadillac with Ohio plates. My son who works for Mastec was working in the area where this occurred and their crew was let through the roadblock to do their work there(he called me on my cell). I don't know exactly what time this occured or I would have had my scanner on to hear it(if it happened after 7:30 am I was working). I turned my scanner off early as I was very tired last night.

http://www.register-herald.com/toda...Hill-officer-shot-during-routine-traffic-stop

Last edited:

dwlyons

I have been following the media reports this afternoon and I am very pleased to hear that Cpl. Young has been released from the hospital with only "minor" injuries.

I only hope that his assailant is not as fortunate when he is located and they attempt to take him into custody.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Yea as stated in the article I linked he was treated and released,that vest is a life saver. Part of my route is on 61 but I'm probably 10 miles maybe from where this took place(during my lunch break at Tom's I saw plenty of state and county police driving up and down the road)

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I remember a few years ago when I heard the officer shot in Jefferson Co. He had a vest on, but I believe it hit him in the arm and we into him above the top of the vest under his arm. In that incident, the idiot that shot him didn't survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.