Wow...What is going on in Gary...http://www2.indystar.com/articles/1/255450-1851-127.html
A city police officer named as a suspect in a drive-by shooting in a nearby town has been suspended and turned in his gun, badge and radio.
Detective Cpl. Steven Andrus, a six-year veteran of the Gary Police Department, will remain on paid suspension for the duration of the investigation, said Cmdr. Samuel Roberts.
Andrus and at least three other Gary officers, as well as a fourth who recently got another job, are suspects in the March 18 drive-by at a house in Portage.
Portage investigators recovered numerous spent shells, which were compared to weapons owned by the Gary officers. The results linked Andrus' duty weapon to some of the casings, police said.
The allegations are the latest trouble for the department following the retirement of former Chief Thomas Houston. He and two aides had been accused of beating, harming and illegally holding people they suspected of breaking into Houston's house.