Officers Arrive 11 Hours After 911 Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEofficer116

i love this too " A spokesperson for 911 receiving said a preliminary reason for the delay is receiving a lot of calls in a huge coverage area."

bbbbbbbbbbbsssssssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no canada wont take it !!!!!!! even they know better !

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
This is another classic Detroit 911 moment! Thank god the woman was not in need of medical attention or was dying. I could see an even bigger lawsuit coming if that would happened, but the suit they will probably receive as a result of the delay will draw enough media attention, make it a high profile case for any attorney to take it.

73's

Ron

n4voxgill

Silent Key
They don't have any money, so if you sue them they may give you a street. Then you will be sued by all the damaging their cars hitting your potholes.

scanjunkie

That city needs to pull their head out of their ass and get with the program!! I can't believe the authorities (Mayor, Governor, etc) aren't all over this crap. If I were in charge there would be some serious house cleaning going on and some serious investigating. How can this continue to happen in the same city over and over again?? It is absolutely unbelievable and inexcusable!! The only excuse I can see is that they suffer from a severe case of Rectal Cranial Insertion!! WTF!!!

scanjunkie said:
That city needs to pull their head out of their ass and get with the program!! I can't believe the authorities (Mayor, Governor, etc) aren't all over this crap. If I were in charge there would be some serious house cleaning going on and some serious investigating. How can this continue to happen in the same city over and over again?? It is absolutely unbelievable and inexcusable!! The only excuse I can see is that they suffer from a severe case of Rectal Cranial Insertion!! WTF!!!

No it is the uninformed masses that keep electing these idiots every election. Come on look at the last city election. Martha *Slum Lod, I want to create monuments to motown singers* Reeves gets elected? Kwamee *never met a city credit card I didn't abuse* Kilpatrick.

Remeber the super bowl and Martha complaining that she would have to pay for a ticket? The we should get comped for things we vote on? Huh? It was voted on long before you were elected and then to be comped for what you approve? Sounds like a bribe to me.

Name recognition alone and that "D" besides your party is all that is needed in this hell hole. Man I love paying the tax for the privilege to work here.

Just wait for the 9-1-1 operators union to circle the wagons and start talking about more training and over-worked workers.

Thorny41587

It's funny to me... they spend hwo much money on a new radios system? But yet don't have the funds to respond quick enough. I say go back to UHF!

bigbluemsp

X1536 said:
It's funny to me... they spend hwo much money on a new radios system? But yet don't have the funds to respond quick enough. I say go back to UHF!

The radio system doesn't have anything to do with response time in this case. The civilian dispatcher needs to be fired. When you pay a dispatcher $21K a year you won't get a decent opperator.

jsmeed

Detroit 911

I'm not surprised, last weekend I was listening to the Southwest District at around 9 a.m. Sunday morningand heard at least a half a dozen calls that dispatch had been holding since anywhere between 11p.m. and 1a.m. the night before.

Combustion

This is such a multi-faceted problem most common people don't have clue as to what goes on. As listeners to the runs in Detroit, we know that the calls come in faster than the cars can cover the runs. Any slip up in the system, and you have what happened here. Our social program infrastructure is so watered down now, and the city is so full of problem people, that at any given time a good percentage of police resources are used taking mental patients to hospitals and there are also prescription runs for prisoners etc. So despite the radio technology we have poor resource utilization and the ongoing careless 911 operation. There are times when the dispatchers call out a list of priority runs that are 10 or more runs long....if the attacker left the scene, and that was reported to 911, the priority may have been lowered, allthough no one will probably admit it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.