Official 2015 MSWIN TG ID Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
No. Forrest County Talkgroups.
It is listed just under the FGH listings.

dosboot

I assume the only way to hear a particular talk group that radio has to be using the site I'm monitoring. Ex. If MHP is on Jones 800 site and I'm monitoring that site I will hear it, otherwise I won't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I assume the only way to hear a particular talk group that radio has to be using the site I'm monitoring. Ex. If MHP is on Jones 800 site and I'm monitoring that site I will hear it, otherwise I won't?

Correct. Lets use MHP for the example. Any radio with the MHP TG's programmed into it that affiliates with the site you are currently monitoring will allow you to hear the MHP TG's it has programmed into its code plug. (And that you have in your scanner.) This is why it is an good idea to have as many of the towers closest to you to catch the traffic as the unit moves around and affiliates with other sites.

Now on the other hand, if you only want to monitor local activity, such as with say, just one PD/FD, you can get away with just one tower in your scan pattern unless they have multiple sites that give them coverage. With an County Agency, you want every site in, or near the County as they will be using them for complete coverage.

If your using your scanner mobile, you want every site that you can get in your "roaming" area, and have the settings set so that you capture each as you get in range. (The newer scanners have "expert settings" that allow you to set various thresholds for this kind of things etc...)

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Just heard more traffic on
2230 MED-COM

22300, 22301, 22302, 22303 ???? That last digit is kinda important to know exactly which TG your hearing.

dosboot

You need GPS receiver for the 325P2 I believe. Also I've got to figure a way to set quick keys so I can just monitor groups I want.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
when I plan a trip I Just put only the groups in any trunking systems and the counties along my I want to listen to along my route and using a gps. with the various anges set. It opens and closes it group or county along the route.

So this might help.

QuietPlease

...I'm trying to listen.
Database Admin
Wait, you HEARD Med Com traffic? In the clear? Now that is NEWS! Med Com primary, and the AMR/AirCARE helo has been encrypted for an VERY long time! Yes Med Com is the primary MSWIN Trauma Center network Statewide. The goal is for EVERY Trauma Center, Hospital, Clinic, etc to have access. Every State that has an Statewide TRS is setting up medical nets like this. MSWIN is also setting up an Statewide School Emergency Alerting net, with the first 2 public school systems to be Copiah, and Hinds County Public Schools. I have not heard if this has progressed very far yet, but the goal again was to have an MSWIN radio in EVERY Public School in MS.

I've always heard Med Com in the clear. It's not used much in my area (north half), but if one of the ambulances turns it on I can hear it.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
MS Med Com Calling is in the clear. Patient Reporting on Med 1 (SERN Patch) is encrypted, as is UMC/AMR AirCARE Ops. While the Patient Reporting and Physician Consulting on the Med 8 Patch is in the clear. Never really made much sense but that's the way it was set up almost immediately after Med Com went live. Now if your saying that your hearing Med 1 in the clear, that's as I said, news to us. Same with AirCARE. though you can still monitor AirCARE Ops on VHF.

QuietPlease

...I'm trying to listen.
Database Admin
MS Med Com Calling is in the clear. Patient Reporting on Med 1 (SERN Patch) is encrypted, as is UMC/AMR AirCARE Ops. While the Patient Reporting and Physician Consulting on the Med 8 Patch is in the clear. Never really made much sense but that's the way it was set up almost immediately after Med Com went live. Now if your saying that your hearing Med 1 in the clear, that's as I said, news to us. Same with AirCARE. though you can still monitor AirCARE Ops on VHF.

Just the main Med Com, 22300. It's in the ambulance radios, it's just never used.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Thats Covington County Range...... Do they have any Air Assets?

3072X thru 3075X is Covington's TG Range

dosboot

I don't think so, the transmission I copied sounded like "we have arrived at our destination, our pilot is" I'll see what I can find out?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Could be Covington EMA doing WX damage overflight with MEMA air, or the like. how bad was the damage down South MS way? I know up North MS they got hit hard.

dosboot

I don't believe they had damage, it didn't come that far south, plus it was night.

Status
Not open for further replies.