Official 2015 MSWIN TG ID Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Interesting indeed. JSU has left the City of Jackson systems.

KE5TLF

mmmmkay.....

60000 - RESCUE 7 (RID 1116706) departing Singing River Hospital for Ochsner Hospital, with 4 souls onboard. Tower 118.
Talking to RID 10000004. Nothing heard to identify them but I guess we assume Forrest General? Eight digits is a bit strange too...even stranger he's down here in JC...LOL

(also caught him on 127.5 Gulfport Approach/Departure)

Last edited:

KE5TLF

New talkgroup:

55943 Prentiss County SO

They still use the old VHF channel too.

While on the topic of strangeness, and it's been a hectic week this week, heard some traffic on this one Tuesday. I guess someone drove all the way down to Wade from Prentiss County for U.S.Marshal Wells' funeral....

Anyway, another confirmation that it is Prentiss SO

scanphreak

31140 is active right now; sounds LE because they asked dispatched to run someone's name. Running a tag now still no clue from where. Douglas 8??? Hrd on 0144.

KE5TLF

31140 is USM PD's main channel. It's in the DB.

USM has a few facilities within their realm here on the coast, largest being the Gulf Park campus. GP## calls are units at that campus.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yes the Gulf Park Campus is even more active with the new addition of an awesome new ship for them to use for research.

danw5211

Premium Subscriber
AAA and Rescue 7

Update below is incorrect.

"Added Talkgroup 60000 Forrest General Hospital - Rescue 7 Helicopter Operations"

TalkGroup 60000 is AAA Ambulance Service & Rescue 7. Not...Forrest General Hospital.
Rescue 7 is now operated by a private helicopter company. Med-Trans Corp.

"A new air ambulance service operator will be headed to the Pine Belt this spring.

The Southeast Mississippi Air Ambulance District announced Wednesday that it had contracted with Med-Trans Corp. and its associated medical partner, Ochsner Hospital, to provide primary service in the district’s nine-county area..."
Southeast Mississippi Air Ambulance

Rescue 7 must have been backing up Ochsner FlightCare on the Singing River to Ochsner flight.

And Rescue 7 is based out of KHBG Hattiesburg Bobby Chain Municipal Airport, not Forrest General Hospital. The aircraft has been based at KHBG for about 3 years now. At this time both Med-Trans Corporation Rescue 7 and Air Methods Lifeflight 4 are based at Hattiesburg Airport. KHBG

Last edited:

KE5TLF

Thanks for setting the record straight! Actually I've been getting a few hits again here in Jackson County as I'm typing this. :)

I guess maybe being a "private" company that may somehow explain the 8 digit RID at the dispatch position.

Some pics of the new bird on the SEMAAD facebook. Pretty sharp looking. :)
https://www.facebook.com/semaad.org

Rick54

I heard a MFC aircraft directing a ground crew to a fire in the Brookhaven district and the TGID was 22619 I bring this up because the database says aircraft use 22629. is this a new tg or a type O in the database?

KE5TLF

Good question and catch. No idea really either. The only air assets I've knowingly heard get involved around Jackson County, is/are Fed chopper(s). USFS and/or Sandhill Crane. (never really studied if they use the same or separate ones) They operate on the same old USFS Aerial and/or SE Mobile VHF freqs as always in that regard.

EDIT: (actually after thinking on it a few more minutes I do seem to recall an air asset contact a time or two on one of the "normal" SE District TGs, but they were just flying around. Not actually in firefighting mode)

In my "master" list of TGIDs I have logged 22619 as recently as last December.

I've never logged 22629, BUT, I have logged 22627 and 22631, so it seems 22629 should be accurate.

Sounds like maybe at least two air assets, both based in the two "central" regions, which I guess makes the most sense. EC for itself, NE an NW, and SC for itself, SW and SE (if need be). Then either one for the Capital District.

Last edited:

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Just ID'd 23663 as F&W North TAC-4. Heard an officer on F&W North B tell another to drop down to TAC-4, then heard encrypted TDMA traffic on 23663.

Looks like they have different TAC TGs for each region, and that they follow the same pattern. This may also explain the discrepancy with the MFC Aircraft TG noted above.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Please use the regular submissions method once you positively ID an TG. TY! There should be an TAC for each region/sector and statewide Tac's, and an AC for at least North Central and Southern regions.... Not sure if they will have one for each East/West sector. I have heard of plans to also do patches for the SWFMA VHF's also for interop with local FD's. Also are they using TDMA in all region's/sectors now, or just SE and NE?

KE5TLF

MFC Aviation
Some info to look at for anyone more local that's able to dig a little deeper.

Office located at Bruce Campbell Field Airport, Madison, MS
Forest Protection Contacts
AirNav: KMBO - Bruce Campbell Field Airport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Campbell_Field

Aircraft from FAA DB with registered owner of Mississippi Forestry Commission
N #, Serial #, Manufacturer, Model
28SM 17274744 CESSNA 172P
951SM 21084C MAULE MXT-7-180A
952SM 21074C MAULE MXT-7-180A
954SM
955SM 21087C MAULE MXT-7-180A
956SM
958SM 21086C MAULE MXT-7-180A
959SM 21090C MAULE MXT-7-180A

QuietPlease

...I'm trying to listen.
Database Admin
Lee County EMS and Medical Control have now switched over to their designated channels.
(They had been using Event channels due to some issue with the WCC. I guess they got it resolved.)
Talkgroup 54023 - Lee County - Medical Control (Medics giving patient reports to the Tupelo ER.)

KE5TLF

31165 - USM GCRL ? - Sounds pretty definitely Gulf Coast Research Lab related. Mentioned, paddling around the harbor, taking that group to MEC 4 (Marine Education Center ?), Also apparently some shark dissection underway.

EDIT: Oh, Site 144

Last edited:

plstokes

TG 48295

I have been hearing talk on Talk Group ID 48295 in Warren County. It seems to be a rebroadcast of Warren County SO Primary. Anybody else in the area hearing this or know anything about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.