Official 2018 MSWIN TG ID Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
Sub it sub it.
Should these TG be listed as school buses or as Rankin county schools because I have heard the admin (?) talking to their secretary to change
something. I think that most of the people who use these TG are staff. The drivers do talk on them but not much. I have looked at some of the listings and they list school buses. There are city schools and county schools here in Mississippi so you tell me what is your best guess as to
naming them.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Specific use of each one. If you ID it as a City School use then name it such. If its County School again, name it such. If its mainly bus ops which will mainly be early am til around 10 am, and again from 2 pm til 4 pm or later, then name it XXX School District, Bus ops. SOme bus ops might be all day for field trips etc,.. and there might be a TG for JUST Garage. Actually most schools will have at least an schoolwide Admin, possibly an SRO if that TG is not run by local SO/PD. Or maybe even actual School PD as bigger schools do have their own PD's. Some may even have separate TG for HS, MS/JH, and ES.... And yes I know how schools are done in MS.. I am a graduate of Crystal Springs Schools in Copiah County.

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
Specific use of each one. If you ID it as a City School use then name it such. If its County School again, name it such. If its mainly bus ops which will mainly be early am til around 10 am, and again from 2 pm til 4 pm or later, then name it XXX School District, Bus ops. SOme bus ops might be all day for field trips etc,.. and there might be a TG for JUST Garage. Actually most schools will have at least an schoolwide Admin, possibly an SRO if that TG is not run by local SO/PD. Or maybe even actual School PD as bigger schools do have their own PD's. Some may even have separate TG for HS, MS/JH, and ES.... And yes I know how schools are done in MS.. I am a graduate of Crystal Springs Schools in Copiah County.
now that is amazing. I have been here since 1997. OK this is going to take some time to get it down to where you want it. all help would be
appreciated to recording these TG 46637 and 46643 and see where and who they are.

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
I was just told that the USFS guys just switched from VHF to MSWIN.. Anybody got a TG list by chance?
well I stand Corrected on the USFS. I just looked at the MSWIN talk group and it lists 4 TG for the United States Forest Service TG 65180,65182,
65184,65186. Sorry

lilraskls

These are the buses TG I have found.
46635 - Pelahatchie School Bus
46637 - Florence School Bus
46638 - McLaurin School Bus
46643 - Rkichland School Bus
46644 - Rankin Co Bus Shop

There are some in between but hard to identify who it belongs to.

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
These are the buses TG I have found.
46635 - Pelahatchie School Bus
46637 - Florence School Bus
46638 - McLaurin School Bus
46643 - Rkichland School Bus
46644 - Rankin Co Bus Shop

There are some in between but hard to identify who it belongs to.
Really good job. As milf said Submit them. What tower did you get them on?

lilraskls

Really good job. As milf said Submit them. What tower did you get them on?
Thanks! When I run Discovery, I only run on the Jackson tower since I work Downtown and I have the best coverage there but I only have Jackson, Ridgeland Towers turned on when normal scanning. Submitting the TGs to RR tonight.

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
I have been listing to TG 22950 and i think it is the State Hospital at Whitfield. they talk about buildings 204-203-201-201 ward 1- 78 -23-91-81
and they do walk threw and report 10 2. when they call in, it is to PD. the number scheme is wrong for the number of buildings the prison has.
A call of stopping a car for running a stop sign. stopped at building 84 so that doesn't sound like a prison to me. I see we have Whitfield listed as 22351so I will have to try and get 22950 and 22351 audio and see if i am right or not. Any one can jump in and list your thoughts on this question
What is 22950?
thanks for your time
Paul

lilraskls

I have been hearing 22950 for a while and still can't pinpoint who is using it. Not certain, but I think 22953 is UMMC Transportation (thinking the buses that drive around campus).

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
So 22351 is more likely MS State Hospital @ Whitfield, Medical/Operations? And 22950 is MSH PD Dispatch. That would put 22951, 22952, and 22953 in the same family area... Now, as its been so long, I can not remember if MS Dep't. of Mental Health (MDMH) has its own transportation division, or uses MDOC for that..... I would think for the non court ordered patients they would have their own vans etc... And for court ordered/MDOC inmate/patients they would run with MDOC vans? I do know that the ONLY medical facility in Jackson they use is UMMC, not sure which ones they use down in Purvis at the South MS State Hospital, or up in Tupelo at the North MS State Hospital.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I'm not so sure about that. I think UMC lost the contract a few years ago. I know I don't see any of the transport vans anymore.
Hmm,.. We do know that a LOT of the docs and nursing staff with MDMH at MSHW do a lot of hopping back and forth to the school they are from's hospital. AKA UMMC. And a few also do work at CMMC formerly Hinds.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I live down here in Gulfport and have been picking up 2 tg's (13474 & 31165). I'm not sure what they are and picking up the 13474 from the New Albany (Union Co.) site, which is pretty much impossible since that is a LONG way away from me. 31165 I've picked up on the same New Albany site and also the Harrison County, and I think it is something in Hancock county according to the number scheme. Has anyone else heard these?

Hammerguy69

I live down here in Gulfport and have been picking up 2 tg's (13474 & 31165). I'm not sure what they are and picking up the 13474 from the New Albany (Union Co.) site, which is pretty much impossible since that is a LONG way away from me. 31165 I've picked up on the same New Albany site and also the Harrison County, and I think it is something in Hancock county according to the number scheme. Has anyone else heard these?

What makes you think you are picking them up on the New Albany site if you are on the coast? That is almost the other end of the state.

QuietPlease

...I'm trying to listen.
Database Admin

You're not actually picking up the New Albany site from Harrison County. The sites for New Albany and Harrison County just have the same control channel frequency of 773.81875. I think that frequency is used on about seven sites. In other words, you're probably scanning through all the sites, and your scanner just "thinks" it hit New Albany because that happened to be the site it was scanning when it found data on that frequency.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
13474 is MBN Air Ops and 31165 would probably be USM Gulfport since they have TG 31164.
Now if you can identify what use 31165 is... Is it USMGCR PD, Campus Maintenance, Cafeteria, Marine Ops?

Status
Not open for further replies.