Official BCD396T Temporary Lockout Lobby

Do you want Temporary Lockout on the BCD396T?

• Yes

Votes: 73 93.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

I would love to see the temporary lockout on the BCD396T (and BR330T for that matter) as is on the BCT15 and BCD996T.

Heck, I would be more than willing to pay for that one feature alone.

Free would be great but I am willing to pay for that upgrade if it was available.

Don't know if this is possible with a firmware upgrade or not? But it would be awesome!

Here is my vote for Temporary lockout on the 396!

cristisphoto

What eactly would tthis feature be capable of/not
I have some Idea BUUT
After All,
What does Assume mean ASS u and me LOL
SO I'd rather clarify
Thanks
Crista

safetyobc

cristisphoto said:
What eactly would tthis feature be capable of/not
I have some Idea BUUT
After All,
What does Assume mean ASS u and me LOL
SO I'd rather clarify
Thanks
Crista

Where you been? Basically what the feature does (as on the BCD996T and BCT15) is temporarily lockout a channel or talk group until the next power cycle.

As is now once you hit lockout the scanner locks it out until you manually unlock it. With the Temp Lockout feature, it automatically unlocks when you power off/on the scanner.

slicerwizard

Agree 100% on temporary lockouts.

And I would like to see long keypresses to toggle groups, rather than that Func-# nonsense (if they can use a long keypress as an "unlock all", they can do it for groups as well)

Some rudimentary multi-site support would be nice (like a "find a different control channel" command - a long press on Scan would fit nicely)

cristisphoto

safetyobc said:
Where you been? Basically what the feature does (as on the BCD996T and BCT15) is temporarily lockout a channel or talk group until the next power cycle.

As is now once you hit lockout the scanner locks it out until you manually unlock it. With the Temp Lockout feature, it automatically unlocks when you power off/on the scanner.

UMmm where have YOU been:evil:
Unlike you I have a life
and I dont have 24/7 to just focus on one minute worthless to anyone's life Feature LOL
SO Drop the snideness BROO
Cause you dont know me
I you cant just simply answer my question then F OFF
I dont care if you are an admin that does nutin for my bills..
Crista

SCPD

QRT
Count my vote in for this as well, and for the Australian versions too. Actually I could probably register a number more votes on this feature. I have been told it could be done with a firmware upgrade with no problems, but its up to US demand to get it rolling, before the rest of the world gets firmware upgrades for this.

Maybe someone should start a Poll for this.

Last edited:

slicerwizard

The rest of us have been dealing wth the simple things in life, like learnng how to use periods (and how to spell simple words) and even how to look up unknown terms, like "temporary lockout".

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
cristisphoto said:
UMmm where have YOU been:evil:
Unlike you I have a life
and I dont have 24/7 to just focus on one minute worthless to anyone's life Feature LOL
SO Drop the snideness BROO
Cause you dont know me
I you cant just simply answer my question then F OFF
I dont care if you are an admin that does nutin for my bills..
Crista
Calm down. He did answer your question. No need to build up a head of steam or get your blood boiling. :cool:

As to where you have been, I must have been there also, because although I had heard the term used I don't have a 996 nor any other scanner that has it and I am glad you asked the question. I (like you) suspected the answer was exactly what it was, nice to have it confirmed. :wink:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'd like to see temporary lockout, but don't know that the 396's processor could be updated to handle that. There are limits to what can be accomplished with a firmware update, unfortunately.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You don't type your yes/no here, you enter that in the poll section above. Not too complicated...

On the other hand - not sure what it'll accomplish. Who is going to vote NO on this?

safetyobc

rdale said:
You don't type your yes/no here, you enter that in the poll section above. Not too complicated...

On the other hand - not sure what it'll accomplish. Who is going to vote NO on this?

Apparantly there are a couple people who don't want it.

If it isn't possible, I wish Uniden would come out and say it can't be done. This way we can quit dreaming, wishing, and hoping for new firmware features.

I for one would gladly pay for a feature enhanced firmware upgrade. Uniden makes money, and the customer gets feature enhancements! Both consumer and manufacturer are happy (of course there are some who would gripe about having to pay for an upgrade).

I don't see it happening, but it would be nice.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I voted that way just to make sure it was fair and balanced ;> Of course I'd like to see it.

cipher66

ARTCC DB Manager
Database Admin
I also would not mind paying for Uniden firmware updates. If there were 2 other updates I would like to see in the 396T they would be
- The ability to quickly (quicker then currently available) jump directly to a channel in hold mode.
- The other display option, like on the 996T that shows freq/tone, and (for trunked) freq/TG number.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Even if it's not added to the firmware this time, it could show up in a future Uniden handheld. Why not let Uniden know what you want? After all, it looks like they were listening to many of our ideas, the remote head being one of them, but it takes more than just one or two to ask for it.

safetyobc

I am sure it will be on the next gen handheld. But I can't drop $500 + everytime a new scanner (digital) comes out. I saved (doing odd jobs) for over 6 months to be able to buy the BCD396T I have now.

It would just be nice to be able (if possible) to buy an upgrade for a small fee. At least I think it would. Of course, from a sales standpoint, you have to see that Uniden could make more money by releasing a new next generation digital handheld with Multi Tower Trunking, Temp Lockout, and some other features that is on the 996.

Status
Not open for further replies.