Official Bucks County 700Mhz Phase II Radio System Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

No, I have a pager setup with 4 sets of stategically selected tones that cover most of the area I spend the most time (8, 14, 37 and 37 chief for testing that I never got around to changing back to 4s)

APX_Radio

Premium Subscriber
No, I have a pager setup with 4 sets of stategically selected tones that cover most of the area I spend the most time (8, 14, 37 and 37 chief for testing that I never got around to changing back to 4s)

Ah okay. So what do you think so far?

phillydjdan

Well, the real difference that we'll notice is that if monitoring the VHF dispatch channel on a device like a pager, you wont have the distant dispatches come in all scratchy. As long as you are in or near the County every dispatch should be nice and clear. I also like that the tone lengths are now going to be uniform.

phillydjdan

Yes. Update your RRDB on the SD card and navigate to the system and select it and you should be good to go.

cg

Premium Subscriber
There is no SysID in the database for this system. I live in CT and had some outstanding skip last night. I recieved a Control Channel of 772.98125 showing a SYSID of 04D3, site 1. Just trying to confirm it as Bucks Cty PA.

chris

phillydjdan

I'm baaaaaaack! lol

Meanwhile, today Zone 8 units were having a LOT of problems with radios on the old system. And today while driving home I noted the new system went into failsoft mode. Not sure if it was temporary or not, as I moved out of range...

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Sys 04D3 is Bucks County, PA. Must have been a good band opening !

Yes, Monday night around 10-11pm was wide open on VHF and UHF. I was working simplex stations on 2 meters in Virginia and Vermont. Repeaters on VHF and UHF coming in from all over the place.

Anyone know if the Bucks 10/18 switch over is still a go ?

JIF043195

Premium Subscriber
I am noticing that high-band dispatch is no longer being simulcasted throughout all tower sites. Can anybody tell me what happened and whether this is temporary?

phillydjdan

Simulcasting is not officially in service yet, so some dispatchers are using it while others are not. Everything is still on course for the 10/18 switchover date.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... Chris and sky... just a note... on Monday night I was getting Coast Guard stations from New England and above on Ch. 16 and 22... I usually get no further than New York and Atlantic City on a good day using one of my ground planes... I knew it had to be some type of skip... don't mean to get off topic guys and I'm ready for the change over on Sunday, it's about time...

radio3353

Since I don't have a Phase II radio yet, I am looking for who is rebroadcasting the new Central fire band after Sunday's cut over. If there is anybody who knows for sure here, will Northampton FD rebroadcast the new Central fire band on 155.250? Right now they rebroadcast West band and Doylestown rebroadcasts North band on 153.905. Thanks.

wa3bxw

The new equipment is installed for the Central band and will be activated in time for the Oct. 18th cutover. It will also be heard on Broadcastify on the web.

radio3353

The new equipment is installed for the Central band and will be activated in time for the Oct. 18th cutover. It will also be heard on Broadcastify on the web.

Thanks BXW. Do you know if it is Northampton or Doylestown FDs (or both) that will be rebroadcasting Central band? Northampton has a better signal into my QTH.

pete7919

Thanks BXW. Do you know if it is Northampton or Doylestown FDs (or both) that will be rebroadcasting Central band? Northampton has a better signal into my QTH.

Doylestown will be rebroadcasting Central on VHF (153.905) since they will typically operate on that TG. I don't know about Northampton.

phillydjdan

Northampton will be part of the Central region, so their rebroadcast will be Central Band and Central Fireground.

Did anyone take notice that all dispatches were being patched through the new Dispatch talkgroup yesterday? Sounded pretty good, although you could tell it was a patch. That is how that will be setup once the switch takes place. Montco has done this for some time on their own system (although they omit the tones). It allows a user to monitor dispatch without the need for a VHF radio or pager.

ryanwr1994

Been hearing some cross over of fire and ems on the phase 2 system sounds crisp with no broken transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.