Official LATIE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
13,698
Location
Indianapolis, IN
To simplify matters I am making this a sticky so that we don't have a whole lot of LATIE stuff...

Any info on the LATIE will be posted here, and if you have any updates info wise, please put it in here. THANKS!

[Mod Edit: Adding info to first post for general information]
The only scanners currently in production that are capable of monitoring the LATIE system are the handheld Uniden BCD396T and mobile/base Uniden BCD996T. No other scanner (by itself) will do so. You can use a combination of a computer and two separate scanners to monitor it, but it requires that the controlled scanner be a scanner capable of decoding P25 CAI modulation and be able to operate in the 700 MHz band; and the other scanner must be able to be parked on the CCh frequency and be tapped for base-band audio (discriminator tap). The only scanners I am aware of that can be computer controlled and will go to the 700 MHz band for monitoring a voice channel are the same two mentioned above that will do it on their own in any case. The bottom line is if you want to monitor LATIE fully, you must be using one of those two. See further info in this thread and others about some 800 MHz channels in the NOLA area on LATIE.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
5
Jefferson Parish should be using parts of the 700 system by Jan. 1. All of the PD radios are in and are now being programmed. Fire and EMS still has to obtain more radios, that is being worked on now.
 

tjbroussard

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
17
Location
Lafayette, LA
LATIE Status

I am programming a 396 for a friend in LA. Is the LATIE something I should load now, or is this still a ways out...

Thanks...
 

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
13,698
Location
Indianapolis, IN
In the Southern tier of the state LATIE is running already, but its spread will take a few more years.. so keep watching the DB for the are he/she is in. :)
 

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
12,935
Location
Katy, TX
tjbroussard said:
I am programming a 396 for a friend in LA. Is the LATIE something I should load now, or is this still a ways out...

Thanks...
As milf says, it is being used in the southern part of the state and growing. My vote would be to put it in, it isn't like it has to be turned on or that you have to have a system for every tower, put it all in one and let him/her listen to the one that comes up first.
 

red8

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
652
Location
denham springs la.
A couple of days ago I was listening to my 396 and heard a couple of
people talking on TGID 10005 Ascension La.1 Gonzales FD. So there
seems to be more activity on the system.
 

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
13,698
Location
Indianapolis, IN
Cool.. any tg that you hear that is NOT already listed and its usage.. Please do submit it TY!
 

red8

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
652
Location
denham springs la.
milf,
So far the only thing I am hearing on LATIE is LSU police and B CoordCall 1. I will be glad when State Police troops start using it full
time.
 

regression

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
110
Location
Germantown, TN
red8, What type of system in the 396 did you create for the LATIE system? I think it would have to be MOT --> P25?? I did notice the last digit for 774.29375 was cut off when I entered the frequency, but I guess if you are 10 hertz off the scanner can still pick up the control channel.
 

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
12,935
Location
Katy, TX
regression said:
red8, What type of system in the 396 did you create for the LATIE system? I think it would have to be MOT --> P25?? I did notice the last digit for 774.29375 was cut off when I entered the frequency, but I guess if you are 10 hertz off the scanner can still pick up the control channel.
Since Red has not gotten back yet, I will try and answer...

Yes the menu method is MOT->P25 (now if we could only get the mfgrs to quit associating APCO25 with Motorola these questions would go away). The resolution of the scanner is only to the 100 hertz level so being 50 hertz off is not going to affect the signal one way or the other especially since they are using a 12.5 KHz split (skipping every other 6.25 KHz channel) anyway.
 

red8

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
652
Location
denham springs la.
Heard Troop L On LATIE

loumaag said:
Since Red has not gotten back yet, I will try and answer...

Yes the menu method is MOT->P25 (now if we could only get the mfgrs to quit associating APCO25 with Motorola these questions would go away). The resolution of the scanner is only to the 100 hertz level so being 50 hertz off is not going to affect the signal one way or the other especially since they are using a 12.5 KHz split (skipping every other 6.25 KHz channel) anyway.
lou,
I heard Troop L (Mandeville) broadcasting on LATIE this evening using Troop A's talk group ID. Just thought I would let you know.
red8
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!!!!!
 

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
12,935
Location
Katy, TX
red8 said:
lou,
I heard Troop L (Mandeville) broadcasting on LATIE this evening using Troop A's talk group ID. Just thought I would let you know.
red8
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!!!!!
Red,

Have you identified Troop A's ID? It isn't in the DB yet. Indeed we have no Troop ID's yet, all we have is the interop Troop B TG's (coordinate calls) which presumably are used by everyone in the area and not for dispatch.
 
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
14
Location
New Orleans LA
New Orleans

Region 1 which is plaquemines st bernard orleans and jefferson, is expected to go live on LATIE Sunday Jan 21st 0800. This includes NOPD NOFD.....will update if I get any more info on this.
 

bdp278

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
136
Location
New Orleans, La
700 Mhz scanners

Is there any radios out yet that will be able to scan 700 Mhz systems such as the LATIE system?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top