Official LATIE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

250d

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi

Heres A New Site I Picked Up And Seems To Be Working Site Is 201 Control Channel Is 765.2812

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Use the regualr submission system please and keep the info commin:D

hvfc6120

New 700mhz digital system ENCRYPTED

As many of you know the 700mhz digital system is up and running. do any of you know when the digital encryption will go into effect? We allready have our new radios and are in the process of being programmed. I have been told by persons high up in the planning commity for this new system that it will be encrypted at the highest level. just wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this, I am watching the prices of the new 700mhz scanners but don't want to drop $500 on a scanner that will be obsolete.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Encryption will be on some talkgroups... But it will not be systemwide. Louisiana is not like Florida.. Thank God!

tippeyb

Kenner Site

Great map Kevin. There is also a Kenner site located atop Kenner Regional Hospital. Control channel for now is 868.5250

kevins669

Database Admin
tippeyb said:
Great map Kevin. There is also a Kenner site located atop Kenner Regional Hospital. Control channel for now is 868.5250

You are correct... The map was published as the original plan prior to Katrina... The Kenner site was rolled into JPSO 7709 a while back. 868.525 was previously assigned to KPD's TRS.

Kenner has been "complaining" for some time about poor coverage on the south side... Now with MSY part of the system, it is quite impressive.

This was part of the plan submitted very early in 2005; obviously once the ball was rolling, someone saw the advantage of retaining the north Kenner site as part of the system.

For all of the West LA fans... LATIE sites along I-10 and vicinity to Texas are up and running. No activity yet, though.

- Kevin

tippeyb

MSY site

I have the following frequencies for the MSY site:
774.9562, 775.4062, 775.6562, 775.9062, 775.9562, 868.5000, 868.8750
If anyone can add or subtract from this list please do so.
Thanks, tippeyb

tippeyb

Site 204

I'm receiving site 204 on LATIE. Anyone know where this is located (control channel 775.9062)?

tippeyb

Site 204

Site 204 is the MSY location. The control channel has changed from 868.875 to the 700Mhz control channel.

kevins669

Database Admin
Site Locations

After looking at site neighbors and listening to control channels, I have found some changes to the original site setup.

The state must be moving some things around to optimize coverage and make better use of resources (hardware).

As far as I can tell, there are no sites in the N.O. simulcast system (201) in New Orleans east at all, as was planned. No Cox, no Irish Bayou. Instead, there is definitely a site in the simulcast network on the Channel 6 tower just off Paris Rd in Chalmette.

Since JPSO added a site in Reggio, and the state had erected one there as well (118), it seems that the state decided to leave it as a Zone 2 site. There is no zone 1 broadcasting from there any longer. I have to assume the same for St. Rosalie as well, but I still need to drive there to confirm.

I am sure there are more changes, which I will report whenever I get time to drive south.

Also, there are about 10 more sites that are being added now or are planned to fill in areas of Region 2.

-- Kevin

GNOFire

From what I understand the Jefferson Parish Fire Department is waiting for the sheriff's department to work out some of the kinks before they switch to the LATIE system. I know it was supposed to have taken place already, but I dont know when now. Also, effective April 1st all fire departments in Jefferson Parish are supposed to be switching over to clear text communications in order to meet the new federal mandates. Exceptions include 10-4 and 10-55 when incident command requests police to the scene. A draft memo has been compiled by the director of fire and should be released soon regarding clear text procedures.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Update

I added some information in reference to what scanners are capable of being used to monitor this system to the first post of this topic for the benefit of users looking at LATIE for the first time.

Hawk77

LATIE in NE La

Hello. I am wondering if LATIE is being used in Northeast parishes as well such as Frankiln, Madison, Tensas and Concordia? Any one know? Thanks....

Hawk man

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Not currently. The LATIE is still as of now only operational in the SouthEast tier... The greater NOLA area. The next phase is supposed to cover up to the MS line up I-55, and the Western lower area to the TX line coastally along the I-10. The Concordia area will be most likely in mid to late 08, early 09. The extreme Northern parishes will be at the earliest 2009. MWIN "should" have the entire MS Coast, and all the Counties bordering LA online by that time and be patched with the LATIE for interop between MHP-LSP by then. So you all in those areas have another year, maybe two to get your 396's and 996's in hand.. Of course with rebanding also occuring in the areas at the same time, we should know M's new bandplans and hopefully RS will have an 700 Trunker, and flashes for the 96/2096 ready then too. Changes are happening, but not too fast to freak about yet.

GNOFire

The updated word is that all Jefferson Parish Fire Districts should be switching to the LATIE next month. We shall see though...

Status
Not open for further replies.