OFFICIAL MSWIN new TG Identification Thread 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Asketh and you shalt recieveth thus sayeth the adminith.... LOL OK guys this is the new talkgroup identification thread for the Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network (MWIN).
Post new tg's here and lets get them ID'ed asap and in the db. Have fun guys.
:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

KE5TLF

Unknown TGID's I've logged:

10121 - Actual MDOT TGID's will fall in here possibly once the testing phase is over? (101## = MDOT)

21802 - Likely a third BMR channel given the numbering sequence. (218## = BMR)

22900 and 22901 - No idea. Likely the same agency though given the sequential numbering. (229## = ????)

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Nexus Post-
Picked up a new talkgroup ID today on the Fountainbleu site. ID 13399 a couple of guys trying to do radio checks. One of them said he was at I-10 and I-110 which would put him right there in D'Iberville. Another one was inside his house trying to get out but was having problems. There was a callsign of LD-818 used. Does anyone know who "LD" is? These weren't radio techs, these were users just trying their portables out.

I got a snippet of the audio which you can listen to here:
http://www.nexusradio.us/audio/mswin-id13399.mp3

This was today around 5:20 PM. You can hear the one guy call the one inside the house LD-818 and then asked him if this was Robert. So if we can find out who uses the callsign LD-### then we can identify this talkgroup.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
On the tg's for MDOT??? What type of traffic are you catching??? And the 229xx ones sound like state agency or more of local???

KE5TLF

Haven't connected any voice comms to the TGID's. Those are from my pro96com log.

All just speculation at this point and a sneaky suspicion all non 5 digit talk groups will be going away as the finalization of the system progresses.

nexus

New ID 10033 today while driving around in Harrison county, heard on the Harrison county site. An unknown male subject coming on several times saying testing 123. Sounded like radio maintenance.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
5 digit range... testing.. someones about to come on then....

As for low ranges going away.... Dont bet on it.... See the AWIN for a prime example.... MHP could very well use single through 4 digit TG's... The more users that come on the higher the ranges will get.... Word is MHP will have three to five tg's per district... Dispatch/Ops, Tactical, Special Ops/Events, Car to Car/Chat, and possibly one or two others. MDOT will have one dispatch tg per district, and possibly an tactical. F& W will have district dispatch, tactical, parks, etc... There will be several common lea, ems, fire, etc tg's.. MDF&A will have a lot of tg's..... DHS, DOC.. Well there will be a good amount of traffic daily lol, much less Special Events/Disaster/Interop.....

KE5TLF

Yeah at this point numbering patterns is anyones guess. One fact we do have is TGID 7 is now dead for all intents and purposes. All the BMR traffic that was on 7 is now on the 21800 TGID. I'd just about be willing to bet the farm the 21802 TGID will be theirs too. Obviously we need confirmation of that first though.

Being that 7 was set up on the FEMA system in the first place, it wouldn't be surprising to see the other "FEMA" ids become obsolete as well.

Hopefully the powers that be will keep things organized enough to make our job of figuring it out a bit easier. :lol:

nexus

New groups active today as of 3pm

ALL confirmed as MEMA. I was behind a mema truck on I-10 listening to him on closecall. And on the above 3 talkgroups talking to others giving radiochecks every mile or so along witg longlat and grid numbers. A pic and recirding will follow soon.

nexus

TG. 10003. 10401. 10402. Were heard today and confirmed they are MEMA. I'm in the movies so ill explain later.

KE5TLF

Outstanding! Looking forward to your next followup and added to the DB. Tagged as QA/QC ##### (TGID #) for the time being until their true, permanent assignments are learned.

I also caught a few minutes of activity on 2 of those 3 myself after I got home and before they shut down for the evening. Will try to monitor them some at work tomorrow.

nexus

Sorry about the double post, I was using my blackberry while sitting in the theater waiting for a movie to start. I was driving along I-10 between Exit 57 and Exit 50 and came upon this MEMA vehicle. I always run close-call on my BCD996 in the car and after a moment I got a hit, and it was him. He was talking on the MSWIN, and then I began searching MSWIN Site 144 and started hearing him and others talking on ID 10003 and then they'd go to 10401 and 10402. Sounds like they were still doing it 2 hours later after the movie because I could hear them while driving back home.

Here is a picture I took with my blackberry of the vehicle... So like KE5TLF said we just need to id which channel these new mema talkgroups are.... Talk about LUCK! That's twice I was in the right spot at the right time to identify the agencies on the mswin.

mema-i10.jpg

nexus

New Talkgroup.... ID 22840

This afternoon while coming out of court I overheard traffic coming off both the Harrison County site, and the Fountainbleu site from ID 22840. Male and female operators identifying themselves as FOXTROT (X) where (X) is there would be a number like 1, 2, 3, etc. I heard FOXTROT 5 and FOXTROT 8 and FOXTROT 3 doing radio checks, and one of them also stated something about being Pearl River EOC, and another in BSL, and I'm not 100% sure but I think I heard someone mention Jackson County. So this could be a tactical or primary channel for all of the EOC's. This was around 3:00-3:30 pm today if anyone wants to review the archive for my feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.