Official MSWIN TGID 2014 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanphreak

The Uniden Home Patrol will monitor Phase II also.

The HP-1 HomePatrol will not receive P25 (TDMA) Phase II transmissions. The only scanners out right now capable are the Uniden 436HP, 536HP and the GRE PSR-800. And then there is the option if you use DSD+ and a discriminator tapped scanner that can go into the 700/800mhz spectrum will pick it up.

alsoren

The HP-1 HomePatrol will not receive P25 (TDMA) Phase II transmissions. The only scanners out right now capable are the Uniden 436HP, 536HP and the GRE PSR-800. And then there is the option if you use DSD+ and a discriminator tapped scanner that can go into the 700/800mhz spectrum will pick it up.

That is mighty strange them because I am listening on a HP-1 right now.

bama9999

That is mighty strange them because I am listening on a HP-1 right now.

What are you listening to? Everything on MSWIN isn't phase 2. There's quite a bit that's operating phase 1. Scanphreak is correct about the HomePatrol receiving phase 1 only.

scanphreak

Yeah Phase II is only being used by a few agencies on the system. It was just rolled out this year. My guess is about 95% of the users are still on Phase I P25.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

alsoren

What are you listening to? Everything on MSWIN isn't phase 2. There's quite a bit that's operating phase 1. Scanphreak is correct about the HomePatrol receiving phase 1 only.

I am listening to Hattiesburg PD, Hattiesburg Fire, Petal PD, Forrest county Sheriff,
Which all have just recently switched over to the MSWIN.
I don't know if this is phase one or phase two.

bama9999

I am listening to Hattiesburg PD, Hattiesburg Fire, Petal PD, Forrest county Sheriff,
Which all have just recently switched over to the MSWIN.
I don't know if this is phase one or phase two.

If it can be monitored on the HomePatrol, it is definitely phase 1. So far, it seems that most of the newer TG's I'm getting are phase 2. In fact, in this area now, my Pro197 is quite limited in comparison to my 536.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Yeah Phase II is only being used by a few agencies on the system. It was just rolled out this year. My guess is about 95% of the users are still on Phase I P25.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Actually,... Some State agencies have been using Phase II TDMA on an limited basis for over an year. (F&W, for one, No one submitted which G's they were running it on so it has no been added to the DB.)

alsoren

Conversion date

My son-in-law who used to be a fireman with HFD told me that everyone had to be converted to MSWIN
by October this year. My question is, at this point will everyone be converted to phase 11 once everyone is on MSWIN? Also I am not hearing HFD's tact 1, does anyone know the TID for tact 1 ?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
My son-in-law who used to be a fireman with HFD told me that everyone had to be converted to MSWIN
by October this year. My question is, at this point will everyone be converted to phase 11 once everyone is on MSWIN? Also I am not hearing HFD's tact 1, does anyone know the TID for tact 1 ?

As to conversion, they all must be Phase II capable, but are not required to use Phase II. For smaller agencies, there isn't a big need for it, whereas with large agencies, it comes in very handy by reducing the number of TG's they need, and the amount of traffic tying up voice channels on a given site.

As for the TG in use for HFD FG/Tac 1, I suggest you have a wildcard turned on and search for it. Until someone ID's it and submits the data to us, we can't add it to our DB.

alsoren

As to conversion, they all must be Phase II capable, but are not required to use Phase II. For smaller agencies, there isn't a big need for it, whereas with large agencies, it comes in very handy by reducing the number of TG's they need, and the amount of traffic tying up voice channels on a given site.

As for the TG in use for HFD FG/Tac 1, I suggest you have a wildcard turned on and search for it. Until someone ID's it and submits the data to us, we can't add it to our DB.

Ok, that makes sense, I was going to get the extreme upgrade for my HP-1 and search for more talk groups in Forrest county. I don't think I am though as I don't believe Uniden is going to provide a firmware upgrade for the HP-1 to allow it to receive phase two transmissions. I think it would be able to with an upgrade, but I think Uniden would rather you buy a new scanner. So having said that I am going to order a BCD436HP and then I will be able to search for new TG's. I hope to be able to provide new data for the DB in the near future.

Last edited:

QuietPlease

...I'm trying to listen.
Database Admin
Here are some Lee County, MS talkgroups for you:
53987 Tupelo Police Dispatch
53988 Tupelo Police Tac-5 (where they run tags and DLs)
54001 Tupelo Fire Dispatch
54017 Lee SO Dispatch
54021 EMS Dispatch
54024 North PD (Police dispatch for Baldwyn, Guntown and Saltillo)
54025 South PD (Police dispatch for Verona, Plantersville, Shannon and Nettleton)
All are Phase II. There are a LOT more. I'll submit them when I know what they are. Currently TPD dispatch is the only one being used.

Also, there's a typo in the Alcorn Co. listing. Corinth PD is 50000 and Alcorn SO is 50006

KE5TLF

Don't need ID SEARCH, just add the entire sequence of TGIDs to your favs list(s).
31053-31095 seems likely most all of HB (31066 and 31067 being HFD TAC 1 and 2 respectively)
3110x block is likely all FCSO
31119-31169 is the rest of what I've logged so far, but there's many gaps in there too.

Use Excel, or something similar, that allows a "fill series" of numbers, then copy and paste into the name and TGID fields in Sentinel. Should take all of 2-3 minutes. The hardest part is clicking + in Sentinel a gazillion times, but you don't have to do it all at once either.

Last edited:

alsoren

Don't need ID SEARCH, just add the entire sequence of TGIDs to your favs list(s).
31053-31095 seems likely most all of HB (31066 and 31067 being HFD TAC 1 and 2 respectively)
3110x block is likely all FCSO
31119-31169 is the rest of what I've logged so far, but there's many gaps in there too.

Use Excel, or something similar, that allows a "fill series" of numbers, then copy and paste into the name and TGID fields in Sentinel. Should take all of 2-3 minutes. The hardest part is clicking + in Sentinel a gazillion times, but you don't have to do it all at once either.

Thanks for that info, I will give that a try.

AL

danw5211

Premium Subscriber
Excel is the fastest way to set up a new Talk group list, by far.

Last edited:

scanphreak

TKGRP: 12585 - Heard on Harrison County and Fountainbleu sites someone saying 'testing' a bunch of times and then said testing 'channel 4' and then test Chief 2.

scanphreak

TKGRP: 12585 - Heard on Harrison County and Fountainbleu sites someone saying 'testing' a bunch of times and then said testing 'channel 4' and then test Chief 2.

More traffic heard on this, sounds like a fire department channel and heard radio tests conducted in the morning, also heard the callsign 'defender' but still can't determine who this is.

KE5TLF

I'll venture a guess it's a zone 1 specific block of MMD TG's. DEFENDER pretty well solidifies that guess. Maybe Camp Shelby, since they've mentioned an interest in adding up to 3 MSWIN sites there. Someone that's able should go snoop around near there. It could be they've stood up a SOW or two, or other temp gear, there for some preliminary testing too, if not quite to the point of standing up permanent gear yet.

Also the RID's(137xxx) I've logged on that block of TGIDs(1258x) is right in line with the know RID's(138xxx) logged on the zone 2 TG's(1358x). Also have some 137xxx RIDs first seen on some 1358x TGs too.

While not 100% universal, for a great deal of the cases, a 2nd digit of 2 is zone 1, 3 zone 2, and 4 zone 3.

Last edited:

KE5TLF

Wasn't thinking about it yesterday but I guess it could maybe have something to do with the 1108th AVCRAD too..

alsoren

MS Highway Patrol

Miss Hwy Patrol must have switched over to Phase II. I cannot hear them on my HP-1 now but they are all over my new BCD436HP. The 436 really rocks, good scanner.

AL

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Look at the display on the scanner, it will tell you if it is TDMA, or FDMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.